1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
F. PUBLIC HEARING WILL BEGIN AT 9:00 A.M. The Nueces County Commissioners Court will conduct a public hearing to receive public input related to the Nueces County 2021 Redistricting Plan. The purpose of the public hearing is to discuss the local redistricting process, including timeline, and receive/present preliminary work model redistricting maps. CLOSE PUBLIC HEARING AND RECONVENE REGULAR MEETING
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
1. October 18, 2021
1. In recognition of the month of November as Alzheimer's Awareness month.
1. Nueces County Hospital District Board of Managers
2. Nueces County Appraisal District Board of Directors
3. Nueces County Animal Services Advisory Board
4. Nueces County Airport Advisory Board
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
A. Authorize payment of bills - regular bill summaries dated October 20, 2021, and October 22, 2021.
H. Authorize execution of agreement with Collier, Johnson & Woods, P.C. for RFP No. 3175-21 Certified Public Accountant for Assisting with Administration of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds.
L. Authorize the execution of a grant award notice, terms and conditions, and related documentation from the Texas A&M University Sponsored Research Services for the Texas Vaccine Outreach and Education grant, contingent upon review and acceptance by the County Attorney.
M. Ratify Texas Health and Human Services Commission Home Delivered Meals Waiver for the year 2021 - 2023.
1. Discuss and consider approval of a Memorandum of Understanding between Nueces County Coastal Parks and Coastal Bend Bays and Estuaries Program to execute education signage for the Packery Channel Nature Park.
2. Discuss and consider approving Supplemental Agreement to Interlocal Agreement with Conrad Blucher Institute to add a time extension of sixty (60) days to continue with the coastal monitoring of Task 1 - 4.
3. Discuss and consider fiscal year 2021-22 American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) premium pay distribution for Nueces County Sheriff’s Office Association collective bargaining unit members and certain cadet correctional officers, including, but not limited to: a. Application of premium pay to straight hours worked b. Payment of payroll taxes and other covered benefit expenses c. Payment in excess of 150% of state’s average annual wage
4. Discuss and consider fiscal year 2021-22 American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) premium pay for elected Nueces County law enforcement officials and related matters.
5. Discuss and consider retroactive American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) premium pay distribution for Nueces County Sheriff’s Office Association collective bargaining unit members and certain cadet correctional officers, including former employees, and/or law enforcement elected officials; establish retroactive premium pay start date beginning March 13, 2020 and related matters.
6. Discuss and consider American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) premium pay for County employees working within the Nueces County jail, but not collective bargaining unit members, county employees in direct contact with those working within the jail, and employees in direct contact with arrestees; and related matters.
7. Discuss and consider fiscal year 2021-22 American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) premium pay distribution for Nueces County employees (other than those working within the Nueces County Sheriff’s office or law enforcement), including, but not limited to: a. Application of premium pay to straight hours worked b. Payment of payroll taxes and other covered benefit expenses c. Payment in excess of 150% of state’s average annual wage d. ARPA ineligibility for remote work
8. Discuss and consider potential grant projects eligible under FEMA Building Resilient Infrastructure Communities (BRIC) grant program.
9. Discuss and consider rescinding Order finding for the method of procurement (request for qualifications) for licensed professional Engineers for engineering services to provide program management to oversee projects, manage resources and teams to successfully execute Capital Improvement Programs (CIP).
10. Discuss and consider approval of a finding for the method of procurement (request for qualifications) for licensed professional Engineers for engineering services to provide program management to oversee projects, manage resources and teams for unassigned projects.
11. Discuss and consider termination of the Hazel Bazemore Dog Park Project.
12. Discuss and consider removing L.A.N.(Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc.) as Project Management from the Hilltop Community Center Project.
13. Discuss and consider authorizing David Richter to proceed with the design development stage of the Hilltop Community Center Project.
14. Discuss and consider approval of a one-year Interlocal Agreement, beginning January 1, 2022, through December 31, 2022, between Nueces County and San Patricio regarding cost contribution for Intoxilyzer Program and Techinical Supervisor services.
15. Discuss and consider adoption of Nueces County Policy regarding the Medical Examiner’s Office.
16. Discuss and consider approval of any accrued overtime hours pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, and/or storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response; in addition, discuss and consider discontinuing overtime payments to essential exempt City County Health District Employees.
1. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the month of July 2021.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 102.
3. Approve Budget Change Order No. 02 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Nov 03, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular