1. CALL TO ORDER
1. In recognition of Marcial Martinez, Jr.'s 30 years of service with Nueces County.
1. In recognition of "World Prematurity Day" - November 17, 2023.
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Nueces County Airport Advisory Board
2. Nueces County Emergency Service District No. 6
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
W. Ratify job title from the 9/27/23 Commissioners Court meeting from Animal Service Director to Animal Service Manager.
Y. Receive updates, if any, regarding the Bob Hall Pier project and all related matters.
1. Receieve presentation from Barisi Village on a proposed Tax Increment Refinance Zone (TIRZ).
2. Receive update from Nueces County Hospital District relating to the Emergency Medicine Residency Program operated by CHRISTUS Spohn Health System Corporation; and related matters.
3. Discuss and consider accepting $50,000 supplement/stipend from the Hospital District for the Nueces County Attorney’s Fiscal Year 2024 budget, and distribute funds pursuant to letter, 2023-2024 Allocation of Hospital District Supplement to County Attorney Office.
4. Discuss and consider allocating $20,000 to Texas A&M University Corpus Christi, Antonio E. Garcia Arts & Education Center from Special Revenue Funds, Capital Credits Administration, Department #1379 for the purpose of economic development; and related matters.
5. Discuss and consider approval and execution of License Agreement between Nueces County and the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) regarding the Nueces County Tax Assessor/Collector's appointment limited -service deputies for motor vehicle registration services, and related matters.
6. Discuss and consider approval of an Amendment to Dune Protection Permit DPP-202303-01 for a large-scale single family home located at Lot 1-A Admirals Row, Corpus Christi, TX.
7. Discuss and consider approval of Dune Protection Permit for City of Corpus Christi Packery Channel Dredging and Beach Nourishment Project, Corpus Christi, TX DPP-10182023.
8. Receive update by Grant Works, Inc. on Nueces County CDBG MIT MOD application including discussion of consideration to act on withdrawal of CDBG Method of Distribution Allocation Application previously submitted to General Land Office and prepare a new application to re-submit and all related matters.
9. Receive report from Lourdes Rivera, Grants Department, on all ARPA county project balances and remaining funds; and all other matters.
10. Receive presentation from Grant Works, Inc. on grant management services for Disaster Recovery (ARPA, COVID, & FEMA PA) and consider approval of Master Services Agreement and Work Authorization to handle County Precinct and County-Wide Projects; and related matters.
11. Discuss and consider selection of appointee to Place 5 on the Board of Directors of the Nueces County Appraisal District; approve execution of resolution for selection of member for Place 5 on the Board of Directors of the Nueces County Appraisal District.
12. Discuss and consider allocating $150,537 additional ARPA Pct 4 Funds to Parker Pool Project.
13. Discuss and consider Un-allocating $2,500,000 from Pct. 2 ARPA Infrastructure/Clean Water - Stormwater Projects, ($500,000 each - Belk Lane, Petronila, Golden Acres, Tierra Grande and Petronila; Reallocate $1,500,000 to Petronila 1 & 2 Estates Drainage Improvements and $500,000 to Belk Lane Drainage Improvements.
14. Discuss and consider the following: selection of Texas State Roofing Company for consulting services for review, analysis, evaluation, and recommendations regarding the Nueces County Courthouse Complex Roof Repair/Replacement Project; approve Order; authorize approval and execution of Professional Services Agreement for $25,000 with Texas State Roofing Company; and all related matters.
15. Discuss and consider returning to the previous Commissioner's Court nomination and voting process on the Port of Corpus Christi applicants, RTA applicants and any other Board appointments
16. Discuss and consider the ratification of the Animal Services Order and all related matters.
17. Discuss and consider upcoming Commissioners Court meeting date(s), workshop date(s), and related matters.
18. Discuss and Consider removing Commissioner's Court from the ranking process for potential bidders on Nueces County projects and/or services including architects, engineers, contractors, management and consulting services, along with all related matters
1. Discuss and consider ratifying the acceptance of grant agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation for the Routine Airport Maintenance Program (RAMP) in the amount of $100,000 with a cash match of $11,111.11 (Dept. 0160 - County Airport).
2. Discuss and consider accepting grant award from the Office of the Governor, Criminal Justice Division in the amount of $21,651.14 with a cash match of $20,348.14 (Dept. 1358-Electronic Monitoring Program) for the Monitoring Offenders Against Women Project.
3. Discuss and consider accepting grant award from the Texas Office of the Governor, Criminal Justice Division in the amount of $24,093.09 with a cash match in the amount of $8,031.03, split between the Sheriff Office Forfeiture fund ($6,501) and Constable Precinct 3 Forfeiture fund ($1,530), for the Nueces County Body-Worn Camera Program.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving Amendment No. 4 to the Agreement with Aramark Correctional Services, LLC for the Jail Food Management Program for Nueces County Jails (RFP No. 3138-20).
3. Discuss and consider conditional selection for Solid Waste Collection & Disposal Service (Dumpsters) County Properties Only (IFB 3249-23).
1. Approve asset forfeiture report for FY 2023 for Nueces County Constable Precinct 1, Constable Precinct 2, Constable Precinct 3, Constable Precinct 4, Constable Precinct 5, Sheriff's Office and the District Attorney's Office.
2. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving Change Order No. 3, for a no-cost time extension for the Alight implementation of Workday budget report writing functionality, referred to as "Adaptive" for Nueces County Auditor's Office.
3. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving an Amendment to the Agreement with Tyler Technologies for ExecuTime Time and Attendance software contract to allow the County to terminate the agreement, at any time for convenience, upon 30-day advance written notice and be entitled to pro rata refund for the amount of the annual services not provided; authorize annual payment in the amount of $37,432.96 for January 1, 2024 to December 31, 2024 for County Auditor’s Department; and related matters.
4. Approve Capital Budget Change Order No. 127.
1. Discuss and consider the hire of the Interim Medical Examiner as the new regular full-time Medical Examiner for Nueces County.
3. Discuss and consider approval of the HireRight Agreement to provide background check services.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Nov 15, 2023 Commissioners Court - Regular