1. CALL TO ORDER
E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
G. Accept the following Minutes:
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
I. Authorize Omni Partners Cooperative Contract #4400006644 purchase with Insight Public Sector for renewal of annual Crowdstrike endpoint security software.
J. Approve tax resale properties for sale at online auction.
1. Discuss and consider whether, pursuant to Texas Government Code, 551.0725, deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the commissioners court in negotiations with Tesla regarding the terms of the Tesla Tax Abatement Agreement, and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 6 from Mako Contracting for the flat roof & paver system replacement and handrail repricing due to change in handrail design and material.
3. Discuss and consider identification of drainage projects for submission under CDBG-MIT grant, including projects to be submitted in lieu of submission under the Top 15 Preliminary Flood Risk Areas identified for further analysis for the TWDB Tri-County Drainage Master Plan Study; Discuss and consider alternate funding sources for identified drainage projects, and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider approval of the Project Team's recommendation of the Top 15 Preliminary Flood Risk Areas identified for further analysis for the TWDB Tri-County Drainage Master Plan Study.
5. Discuss and consider adoption of accounts payable policy in accordance with Texas Prompt Pay Act.
6. Discuss and consider funding of the non-profit Instituto de Cultura Hispanica de Corpus Christi in support of its Mar de Cultura project through American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds -County Judge ARPA allocation; Discuss and consider funding Emergency Operation Center monitoring and presentation system upgrades through American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds -County Judge ARPA allocation; Discuss and consider funding Texas Sealife Center upgrades through American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds -County Judge ARPA allocation.
7. Receive update from Project Manager on boiler installation project in Nueces County Courthouse complex, and related matters.
8. Discuss and consider the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of the Human Resources Director, pursuant to Sec. 551.074 of the Texas Government Code.
10. Discuss and consider next Commissioners Court meeting date.
1. Discuss and consider funding source for the Nueces County Jail Steel Wall Repair Project.
2. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 1 for the Nueces County Courthouse ADA Improvements and Upgrades Project.
3. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 2 for the Nueces County Courthouse ADA Improvements and Upgrades Project.
4. Discuss and consider extending the Calderon Clinic Renovations Project completion date to December 30, 2022.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Nov 02, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular