1. CALL TO ORDER
E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
G. PUBLIC HEARING: The Nueces County Commissioners Court will conduct public hearings on the following: 1. pursuant to Section 118.025 of the Texas Local Government Code, a plan for the preservation and restoration of the Nueces County Clerk’s records archives CLOSE PUBLIC HEARINGS AND RECONVENE REGULAR MEETING
1. In recognition of the 2022 inductees into the W.B. Ray High School Athletic Hall of Fame.
2. In recognition of the week of September 12-16, 2022 as "National Disability Voter Registration Week".
3. In recognition of September 14, 2022, as "Star-Spangled Banner Day".
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
1. Nueces County Animal Services Advisory Committee
2. Nueces County Hospital District Board of Managers
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
A. Authorize payment of bills - regular bill summaries dated September 16, 2022; and receive check registers of payment on the vendor exception list dated September 2, 2022; and previously approved special motion payments dated September 2, 2022.
C. Authorize the payment of bills - Special Motions List dated September 14, 2022.
D. Authorize payment of bills - group health insurance claims and fees by Boon Chapman for the month of August 2022.
1. Receive presentation regarding Tax Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) No. 2; discuss and consider recommending expansion of TIRZ No. 2 geographical area and extension of TIRZ No.2 Interlocal Agreement with the City of Corpus Christi.
2. Receive presentation from Armor Correctional Health Services, Inc., regarding its provision of medical services at the Nueces County Jail, program status, and related matters.
3. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement with Steve Bonner related to consulting regarding Intergovernmental Support Agreement (IGSA) with Naval Air Station Corpus Christi.
4. Discuss and consider Supplemental Agreement with Legislative Consultant, Patricia Shipton, for services related to the 88th Texas Legislative Session, strategic planning, consulting, and governmental relations services; discuss and consider Supplemental Agreement with Legislative Consultant, Joel Romo, for services related to the 88th Texas Legislative Session, strategic planning, consulting, and governmental relations services.
5. Discuss and consider approval of Personal Service Contract with Tomas Duran for employee health insurance benefits management and consulting for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
6. Discuss and consider location/space for auxiliary court.
7. Discuss and consider interlocal agreement with Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities regarding providing Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) officers and related matters.
8. Discuss and consider adoption of Order approving the County Clerk Records Management, Archiving, Preservation, and Restoration Plan for the FY 2022-2023 budget.
9. Discuss and consider the adoption of the County Clerk Records Archive Fee of $10.00 for the 2022-2023 budget year on applicable documents under Texas Local Government Code Sec. 118.025.
10. Discuss and consider funding of Nature Explorium at the Nueces County Keach Family library with 2021 Certificate of Obligation funds.
11. Discuss and consider funding of Nueces County Development Commission staff.
12. Discuss and consider approval of the Sheriff and Constable Fees for 2023, pursuant to Section 118.131 of the Texas Local Government Code.
13. Discuss and consider Second Amendment to agreement with Forensic Pathology Staffing for autopsy report continuation and completion for the Medical Examiner’s office.
14. Discuss and consider acceptance of Warranty Deed from Epic Crude Terminal Company, L.P. for Robstown Pecos Lane Extension (1.83 acre road boundary and 1.03 acre boundary out of Gregorio Farias grant survey abstract); Discuss and consider charging Public Works Engineer to complete CR 48 connection to Pecos Lane extension or alternatively discuss and consider pursuing appropriate method of procurement for third party contractor to complete CR 48 connection to Pecos Lane extension.
15. Discuss and consider funding public school communications project from American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds.
16. Discuss and consider funding civil process software from American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds.
18. Discuss and consider taking action on the legal (engagement) services of Baker Wotring LLP regarding Padre Balli Park and related matters.
20. Discuss and consider the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of the Human Resources Director, pursuant to Sec. 551.074 of the Texas Government Code.
21. Discuss and consider director of project, and outstanding invoices from ABM related to the original Hazel Bazemore Dog Park; and related matters.
22. Discuss and consider removal of driveway along CR 52 at 3645 CR 52B (Valley View Dr).
23. Discuss and consider ratifying the approval of the engagement letter with the law firm Hillard Martinez Gonzales LLP, specifically attorney John Martinez, to represent Nueces County, Texas, in Cause No. 2021-DCV-4839-H; The Estate of William R. Durrill, Sr., Deceased vs. Nueces County, Texas; and related matters.
24. Discuss and consider approving order designating Wednesday as the day of the week that Court will meet in regular term for fiscal year 2022-2023, pursuant to Section 81.005 of the Texas Local Government Code.
25. Discuss and consider next Commissioners Court meeting date.
1. Discuss and consider Amendment No.3 to Grant Award F12AF00951 RESTORE Nueces County, Texas: Observation Deck at I.B. Magee Beach Park extending termination date.
2. Discuss and consider agreement with Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs related to Colonia Self-Help Centers.
1. Discuss and consider recommendation to reject all bids for IFB No. 3213-22 Flexible Base, Type A, Grade 1 and authorize the Purchasing Agent to rebid by publishing a new notice at a later date.
2. Discuss and consider authorizing execution of Supplemental Agreement No. 1 with Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. for RFP No. 3189-22 for Hazard Mitigation Action Plan Consulting Services.
3. Discuss and consider authorizing a sole source purchase agreement with Thomson Reuters for HighQ for office management software for County Attorney’s office.
4. Discuss and consider conditional selection for RFP No. 3193-22 Nueces County Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System and Replacement of Timeclocks.
1. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the Month of June 2022.
2. Approve Monthly Procurement Card Report for the month of June 2022.
3. Approve Budget Change Order No. 21 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Sep 14, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular