1. CALL TO ORDER
E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of Women's Equality Day on August 26, 2022.
2. In recognition of 75th anniversary of Corpus Christi radio station 1440 KEYS.
1. Announcement of September 2022 Employee of the Month.
J. Accept the following Minutes:
1. Nueces County Emergency Service District No. 1
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
F. Approve no cost Amendment No. 4 between Nueces County and HireQuest LLC dba Snelling providing for FEMA requirement contract provisions.
G. Adopt a resolution authorizing the submission of a grant application to the Texas Office of the Governor, Public Safety Office, Homeland Security Grants Division for the Operation Lone Star Grant Program.
I. Approve application procedure for the following board: 1. Nueces County Hospital District Board of Managers
K. Authorize Coastal Parks department to submit grant application to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) for the Transformational Habitat Restoration and Coastal Resilience Grants FY2022 program.
1. Discuss and consider proposal for 2022-2023 tax rate for Nueces County, NC Farm to Market, and NC Hospital District; Commissioners Court must take a record vote and authorize publishing appropriate notices.
2. Discuss and consider Supplemental Agreement with Hagerty Consulting, Inc. for disaster response and recovery support; discuss and consider Work Authorization(s) related to ARPA, FEMA, and Infrastructure and Recovery Grant Support.
3. Discuss and consider Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Nueces County Hospital District and Nueces County related to reimbursement of Nueces County’s Public Health related expenses.
4. Discuss and consider Addendum to Amended Cooperative Agreement for City-Operated Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District for Fiscal Year 2022-23 to include use of 1115 Waiver Funds.
5. Discuss and consider funding sources for the County's Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP) and replacement of time clocks.
7. Discuss and consider Supplement No. 1 to Hazard Mitigation Action Plan Consulting Services agreement with Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. proofing for additional services related to inclusion of four jurisdictions and removal of Port of Corpus Christi from updated Hazard Mitigation Plan.
8. Discuss and consider method of procurement (request for qualifications) for engineering services for drainage solutions under the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) drainage allocation.
9. Discuss and consider selection of CLK Architects & Associates for Courthouse 6th floor renovations; alternatively, discuss and consider a finding for the method of procurement (request for qualifications) for architectural services for Nueces County 6th floor renovations.
10. Discuss and consider funding veteran monument(s) with American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds, including providing funding to the non-profit Veterans Band.
11. Discuss and consider use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to support Agape Ranch.
12. Discuss and consider use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to support the Corpus Christi Black Chamber of Commerce.
13. Discuss and consider using American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds for prisoner inmate housing FY 21-22; discuss and consider using ARPA funds for prisoner inmate transportation FY 21-22.
1. Receive a presentation of the proposed Hilltop Community Facility from Richter Architects.
2. Discuss and consider execution of an Engineering Services Contract with Govind Development, LLC to provide mechanical engineering services.
3. Discuss and consider approval of a Third Amendment to Work Authorization No. 1 with Lockwood, Andrews, and Newnam (LAN), Inc. for Program Management providing for re-allocation of previously committed funds.
4. Discuss and consider approval of a First Amendment to Work Authorization No. 2 with Lockwood, Andrews, and Newnam (LAN), Inc. for Program Management providing for re-allocation of previously committed funds.
5. Discuss and consider selection of CLK Architects & Associates for Architectural Services related to the Nueces County Medical Examiners Facility; alternatively discuss and consider method of procurement (request for qualifications) for architectural services for Nueces County Medical Examiner’s Office.
6. Receive information from Public Works regarding removal of driveway along CR 52 at 3645 CR 52B (Valley View Dr.).
1. Discuss and consider suspending the medical insurance premiums for one (1) pay period in the month of September 2022 for both employer and employee.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 18 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
1. Discuss and consider recommending to the Civil Service Commission to suspend the maximum accrual of vacation hours under the rule of 4.21 of the Civil Service Rules for the fiscal year 2021-2022.
3. Discuss and consider Fire Marshal Job Description.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Aug 17, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular