1. CALL TO ORDER
D. ANNOUNCEMENT ON DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST: Any Conflicts of Interest or Appearance of a Conflict of Interest with items on this agenda shall be declared at this time. Members with conflicts will refrain from voting and are asked to refrain from discussion on such items. Conflicts discovered later in the meeting shall be disclosed at that time.
E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Receive presentation regarding development of a comprehensive collaborative behavioral mental health restoration program; Discuss and consider approving an Order transferring County funds to a Mental Health account; Discuss and consider American Rescue Act Plan (ARPA) funding for mental health restoration program.
3. Discuss and consider renewal and amendment of agreement between Texas General Land Office/Veterans Land Board and Nueces County related to the operation of the Coastal Bend Veteran’s Cemetery, and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider prioritization of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) projects, including projects as set out in Nueces County 2022 ARPA Projects Prioritization Report ; allocation of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds; and related matters.
5. Discuss and consider Supplemental Agreement with Hagerty Consulting, Inc. for disaster response and recovery support; discuss and consider Work Authorization(s) related to ARPA, FEMA, and Infrastructure and Recovery Grant Support.
6. Discuss SmithGroup, Inc. professional services agreement regarding medical examiner facility, and related matters.
7. Discuss and consider selecting Hanson Engineering, John Michael, as An Owners Representative to assist with evaluation of both Engineering and functional use concepts for Bob Hall Pier; approve professional services contract, and related matters.
8. Discuss and consider all related matters to the construction of Bob Hall Pier; discuss and consider the timeline needed to move forward regarding the construction of Bob Hall Pier and related matters.
9. Discuss and consider adopting annual payment agreement amount – including request by City to increase budget based on Consumer Price Index (CPI) – for the 2022-23 fiscal year between Nueces County and the City of Corpus Christi pursuant to Section 4 of the Amended Cooperative Agreement for City-Operated Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District and related matters.
12. Discuss and consider Addendum to Amended Cooperative Agreement for City-Operated Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District for Fiscal Year 2022-23.
13. Discuss and consider additional changes to the policies and procedures of the Nueces County Commissioners Court.
15. Discuss and consider allocating all of or part of all remaining American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds for qualified projects to each commissioner and county judge in an equal amount. All projects would have to be brought back to court by each County Commissioner and County Judge for approval.
16. Ratify hiring of attorney Ira Z. Miller to consult as outside counsel to Commissioners Court regarding the examination of County Policies relating to the function of the Medical Examiner’s Office.
17. Discuss and consider next Commissioners Court meeting date.
1. Receive a presentation from the Department of Public Works regarding recent and ongoing improvements to the Medical Examiners Facility.
2. Discuss and consider selection of CLK Architects & Associates for Architectural Services related to the Nueces County Medical Examiners Facility.
3. Discuss and consider approval of a First Amendment to Work Authorization No. 2 with Lockwood, Andrews, and Newnam (LAN), Inc. for Program Management providing for re-allocation of previously committed funds.
4. Discuss and consider approval of a Third Amendment to Work Authorization No. 1 with Lockwood, Andrews, and Newnam (LAN), Inc. for Program Management providing for re-allocation of previously committed funds.
1. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the Month of May 2022.
1. Discuss and consider Nueces County student loan repayment policy, including any amendment.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Aug 05, 2022 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting