1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
1. United Way 2018 Campaign Kickoff.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
M. Authorize a purchase with Abel’s Paving & Construction, Inc. for the Sablatura Park Drainage Improvements.
1. Discuss and consider approval of a Plan of Finance to refund outstanding tax bonds of the County.
2. Discuss and consider approval of lease with Robstown I.S.D. for use of the Old Show Barn (Nueces County Agriculture Center) located at 900 W. Ave. J. in Robstown, Texas.
3. Receive calculations of the effective tax rate, the rollback tax rate and the fund balances for Nueces County, Nueces County Farm to Market, and Nueces County Hospital District for 2018.
4. Discuss and consider changes and signage cost for the "Marvin and Laura Berry Pavilion," at the Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds.
5. Discuss and consider approval of Notice Letter to the City of Port Aransas terminating the lease agreement at 430 N. Alister, Port Aransas, Texas, due to the building being beyond repair.
6. Discuss and consider settlement of County claim against Naismith Engineering, Inc., and Hanson Professional Services, Inc.; Authorize the County Judge to sign Release and related matters.
7. Discuss and consider approving settlement of Cause No. 2016-PR-00689-4A, Nueces County, Texas vs. John Thomas Crago, et al., awarding Nueces County the amount of $15,000 pursuant to an Agreed Judgment.
1. Discuss and consider execution of an Interlocal Agreement between Nueces County and the City of Corpus Christi for the purpose of the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program FY2018 Local Solicitation Award.
2. Discuss and consider the execution of the First Amendment to SAVNS Maintenance Grant Contract with the Office of the Attorney General in relation to automated victim notification services.
1. Approve execution of an Agreement with Bridges Specialties, Inc. for IFB No. 3077-18 Nueces County Airport Waterline Extension.
1. Receive a report from the Nueces County Sheriff regarding the federal 287(g)program and the financial impact upon Nueces County.
1. Discuss and Consider reclassifying the recently vacated Foreman, Beach Maint Position at Pay Group 22 Step 01 down to a Heavy Equipment Operator Pay Group 17 Step 01.
2. Discuss and Consider creating and unfreezing a Natural Resources Specialist position in the Coastal Parks Department to be entirely funded by grant funds for a period of 3 years. Grant funds have already been awarded and this is an authorized use of those grant funds. Position would be a Pay Group 23 Step 01.
3. Discuss and consider allowing the Sheriff's Office to have policy 4.21 of the Civil Service Manual waived this year end to allow all of their staff to continue to accrue vacation time without losing it on September 30, 2018.
4. Approve Budget Change Order No. 20 for Fiscal Year 2017-2018.
5. Approve monthly financial report for the month of June 2018.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Aug 08, 2018 Commissioners Court - Regular