1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. The Nueces County Commissioners Court will conduct a public hearing to solicit the input and the participation of its residents regarding proposed infrastructure improvements application(s) for the Texas General Land Office (GLO) Community Development Block Grant Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) competition fund.
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Discuss the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, alternative care sites, Isolation and Community Protection Sites (Isofac), amended Orders, and activities related to area economic recovery; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
2. Discuss Hurricane and Tropical Storm recovery, including items related to Bob Hall Pier, parking lots, roads, drainage, other infrastructure; receive update and reports, including Disaster Summary Outlines and Dune Surveys from consultants, Court members, and staff.
1. Commissioners Court Minutes from October 7, 2020 and October 12, 2020.
1. Resolution for United Way 2020 Campaign Kickoff.
1. Ceremony in honor of Anita Eisenhauer.
2. Receive presentation and Certificate of Recognition from the Texas Historical Commission in honor of the Nueces County Historical Commission.
1. Nueces County Civil Service Commission
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
C. Authorize payment of bills - special motions list dated October 21, 2020.
H. Ratify the execution of the First Amendment to the Assignment and Assumption agreement between the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning, Inc. (CAEL) and Nueces County, in relation to the Inclusive Development Network (IDN) Corpus Christi/Nueces County Initiative.
J. Ratify agreement with BCFS Health and Human Services (HHS) Emergency Management Division (EMD) for Emergency Operations Exercises and Plans Development.
K. Authorize execution of agreement with Armor Correctional RFP No. 3137-20 Medical Services for Nueces County.
L. Ratify letter of Engagement Letter with Ernest Garza for professional services audit on RFP No. 3137-20.
M. Ratify professional services agreement between Nueces County and with Brad Snyder d/b/a Snyder+Associates for COVID-19 Public Health Messaging Services Request.
N. Ratify agreement with Crosswind Media & Communications, LLC for promoting safe voting during the COVID-19 pandemic to increase voter confidence in the safety of the process.
1. Discuss and consider the adoption of a resolution authorizing the execution and delivery of an Equipment Lease/Purchase Agreement with respect to the acquisition, financing and leasing of certain personal property; authorizing the execution and delivery of documents required in connection therewith; and authorizing and prescribing other matters related thereto.
2. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No.1 to professional services agreement with Lockwood, Andrews, and Newman (LAN) Engineering for design services related to Phase 2 for the I.B. Magee Stormwater Retention Pond and Public Access Elements.
3. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement for economic development services between Nueces County for the benefit of the Nueces County Industrial Commission a/k/a Nueces County Development Commission and the Port of Corpus Christi.
4. Discuss and consider approval of a personal services contract with John Breier for purposes of providing services to the Nueces County Industrial Commission AKA Nueces County Development Commission related to their Economic Development Mission in Nueces County.
5. Discuss and consider approval of request by the Nueces County Tax Assessor-Collector (NCTAC) to lease four Registration and Title Services (RTS) workstations from the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TXDMV).
6. Discuss and consider request by the Nueces County Animal Services Advisory Board to make the Animal Services Department an independent County Department under the Nueces County Commissioners Court.
7. Discuss and consider appointment of site selection committee for Nueces County Animal Services.
8. Discuss and consider approval of the Election Day Vote Centers for the November 3, 2020, General Election; appoint and apportion Election Judges; appointment of election judges and apportionment of election judges for voting centers per commissioner precinct pursuant to Section 32.002 of the Texas Election Code.
9. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during a declared disaster as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response.
1. Authorize the submission of grant applications to the Texas General Land Office (GLO) for the Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) funding program, subject to changes necessary based on any public comment received.
2. Authorize the execution of a Memorandum of Agreement between Nueces County and the Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County, Texas, in relation to the Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) funding available through the Texas General Land Office (GLO).
3. Authorize the execution of a Memorandum of Agreement between Nueces County and the City of Robstown, in relation to the Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) funding available through the Texas General Land Office (GLO).
4. Authorize the execution of a Memorandum of Understanding between Aransas County and Nueces County regarding a Community Development Block Grant - Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) application to fund the design and construction of a fiber optic loop.
1. Discuss and authorize the Director of Public Works to issue a Notice to Proceed to ABM Building Services, LLC for the Energy Savings Performance Contract for Capital Improvement Program Projects.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3129-20 Horace Caldwell Pier Observation Deck.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 01 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 89.
1. Discuss and consider approving 12.5 new positions for the Veteran's Cemetery.
2. Discuss and consider reclassifying two engineering positions in the Public Works department. Downgrade Principal Engineer position from a pay group 42 to a pay group 40. Upgrade the Construction Engineer position from a pay group 38 to a 40. Responsibilities will be shifted.
3. Discuss and consider supplemental pay for Commissioner Assistant for County Commissioner Precinct 2 department, #1020.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
5. CONVENE MEETING OF ROAD DISTRICT IV: A. Discuss and consider $400,000 transfer of funds from Road District IV to the Nueces County Road & Bridge Fund for the construction or maintenance of roads in Road District IV. ADJOURN MEETING OF ROAD DISTRICT IV
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Oct 21, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular