1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Discuss the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, alternative care sites, Isolation and Community Protection Sites (Isofac), amended Orders, and activities related to area economic recovery; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
2. Discuss Hurricane and Tropical Storm recovery, including items related to Bob Hall Pier, parking lots, roads, drainage, other infrastructure; receive update and reports, including Disaster Summary Outlines and Dune Surveys from consultants, Court members, and staff.
1. September 23, 2020
1. October 2020 - Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
2. National 4-H Week - October 4 - 10, 2020.
3. National Disability Employment Awareness Month - October 2020.
4. October 2020 - Domestic Violence Awareness and Prevention Month.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
B. Authorize payment of bills - manual check registers dated September 15, 2020, to September 28, 2020.
E. Ratify Texas DIR Contract No. DIR-TSO-4005 agreement with Accenture, LLP for COVID-19 Program management services to assist with addressing COVID-19 response planning and operational implementation tasking.
O. Accept for record purposes, the executed lease agreements for FY 2020-2021 at the Nueces County Airport: 1. T-2 Hangar - Jay Hale 2. T-4 Hangar - Jerry Hunsaker 3. T-6 Hangar - Jerry Lunceford 4. T-7 Hangar - Mark Harrison 5. T-8 Hangar - Andrew Kirkpatrick 6. T-9 Hangar - Wayne Hunter 7. T-11 Hangar - Kevin Kieschnick
AA. Authorize execution of a Personal Services Contract with Robert Durand related to COVID 19 messaging response and social media education campaign;county emergency situations, general county information as well as other health care or safety concerns and available services within Nueces County.
LL. Ratify approval of agreement with Amistad Community Health Center for medical services and staffing for the Nueces County Community Care Clinic related to treatment of COVID-19 positive patients.
1. Discuss and consider approval of interlocal agreement with the Robstown Independent School District, designating a portion of County CARES Act funding allocation for technology equipment and services.
2. Discuss and consider approval of interlocal agreement with the Port Aransas Independent School District, designating a portion of County CARES Act funding allocation for technology equipment and services.
3. Discuss and consider approval of interlocal agreement with the Banquete Independent School District, designating a portion of County CARES Act funding allocation for technology equipment and services.
4. Discuss and consider adopting an order granting an exemption under Section 262.024 of the Texas Local Government Code; Discuss and consider selection of Advanced Construction Management for professional consulting services related to the Horace Caldwell Pier Expansion Project; Discuss and consider approval of agreement with Advanced Construction Management providing consultation, including procurement phase services, pre-construction phase services, construction phase services, and post construction warranty phase services related to the Nueces County Coastal Parks Horace Caldwell Pier Expansion Project and related matters.
5. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 3 for additional services to include bid and construction phase services and time extension to the Professional Service Contract with Lockwood, Andrews, and Newnam (LAN) Engineering for the I.B. Magee Multi-Purpose Office Building.
6. Discuss and consider selection of Lockwood Andrews and Newnam, Inc (LAN) to provide engineering services related Phase 2 design services for the I.B. Magee Stormwater Retention Pond and Public Access Elements; authorize execution of a Professional Services Contract with LAN.
7. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement with the Community Supervision and Corrections Department (CSCD), effective October 1, 2020, for the purposes of Risk Assessment Services in the Nueces County Jail.
8. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the month of August 2020.
9. Discuss and consider setting the Court Record Preservation Fee as required by Texas Government Code § 51.708 to be collected by the District Clerk.
10. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during a declared disaster as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response.
1. Discuss and consider a resolution requesting the City of Corpus Christi to formally annex London Pirate Road beginning at the intersection of London Pirate Road and FM 43 and running northerly until dead end near Oso Creek.
2. Discuss and consider selection of SmithGroup for the Nueces County Medical Examiner’s Facility Phase 01 Programming Validation and Concept Design; Authorize execution of professional service agreement.
1. Discuss and award RFP No. 3139-20 Tax Exempt Lease Purchase Financing
2. Discuss and award IFB No. 3129-20 Horace Caldwell Pier Observation Deck.
3. Discuss and award RFP No. 3137-20 Medical Services for the Nueces County Jail and Juvenile Justice Center.
4. Discuss and award IFB No. 3128-20 I.B. Magee Multipurpose Facility Repairs.
1. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 88.
2. Authorize and approve Nueces County Pay Schedules A and P reflecting the adjustments discussed September 09, 2020, to be effective as of October 01, 2020.
3. Discuss and consider the need to replace the current ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)/Finance system, as well as possible funding sources for this future acquisition.
1. Discuss and consider approval of the following position changes to the Tax Office (1200); Discuss and consider approval of the following position changes to the Tax Office (1200); A. Dissolve vacant Administrative Secretary III position (21/01) B. Dissolve vacant Intermediate Clerk (Part Time) position (11/01) C. Reclassify Existing Positions: Supervisor Accounting Assistant (17/03) to Supervisor, Motor Vehicle (20/03) Supervisor Accounting Assistant (17/01) to Supervisor, Motor Vehicle (20/01) Senior Administrative Clerk (17/03) to Supervisor, Motor Vehicle (20/03) Senior Administrative Clerk (17-04) to Supervisor, Property Tax (20/04) Senior Administrative Clerk (17/06) to Supervisor, Voter Registration (18/06) D. Create Additional position - Senior Clerk II (15/01)
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Oct 07, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular