1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING *Audio Notice: Loud feedback at 3:36. Prepare to turn down volume.*
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Discuss the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, alternative care sites, Isolation and Community Protection Sites (Isofac), amended Orders, COVID Clinic, and activities related to area economic recovery; hurricane response and preparedness; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
1. Safety and Health Professionals proclaim August 10 - 16, 2020 as Safe and Sound Week.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
G. Ratify the suspension of the maximum actual of vacation hours under the rule of 4.21 of the Personnel Policy Manual for the fiscal year 2019-2020 due to work interruption by COVID-19.
1. Discuss and consider selection of SmithGroup, Inc., for design services of the new Medical Examiner Facility; authorize staff to proceed with negotiations for a final contract.
2. Discuss and consider approval of joint election agreements with London Independent School District, West Oso Independent School District, Calallen Independent School District, City of Corpus Christi, City of Robstown, Robstown Independent School District, Banquete Independent School District, and Port Aransas Independent School District for the November 3, 2020 General Election.
3. Discuss and consider increase/implementation of filing fee(s) in the Office of Nueces County Clerk.
4. Receive calculations of the no-new revenue tax rate, the voter-approval tax rate and the fund balances for Nueces County, Nueces County Farm to Market, and Nueces County Hospital District for 2020.
5. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during a declared disaster as it relates to COVID-19, and Hurricane Hanna response.
1. Discuss and consider acceptance of Amanda Lane in Stonegate Subdivision.
2. Discuss and consider selection of Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc. to provide post hurricane inspection of Bob Hall Pier; Authorize execution of the Engineering Service Contract.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 19 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
Aug 05, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular