1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Discuss the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, alternative care sites, Isolation and Community Protection Sites (Isofac), amended Orders, COVID Clinic, and activities related to area economic recovery, hurricane preparedness; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
1. Accept Commissioners Court Minutes of June 25, 2020, Special Meeting of June 25, 2020, and July 15, 2020.
1. Retirement of Gerard D'Alessio, Jr. after 19 years of service with the Nueces County Attorney's Office.
1. Receive presentation and discuss Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Projects and other facility improvements through Energy Performance Contracting with associated financing options including cash, conventional and lease-purchase arrangements.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
F. Ratify First Amendment to SubLease Agreement with Christus Health and the Nueces County Hospital District for a mobile testing site for COVID 19 to include Suites 114,116, 118 and 212 of Physician's Plaza West building.
1. Receive a presentation from Kresten Cook, Executive Director, South Texas Military Task Force, on the economic impact of military bases in the State of Texas.
2. Approve Quarterly Investment Report Ending June 30, 2020.
3. Receive a presentation on potential methods of finance for a new Nueces County Medical Examiner Facility.
4. Discuss and consider approval of Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Projects through the Energy Performance Contract with ABM Building Services, LLC, through Allied States Purchasing Cooperative Contract No. 18-7302 contingent upon acceptable financing.
5. Discuss and consider adoption of a resolution expressing intent to Reimburse Finance Expenditures to be incurred.
6. Discuss and consider execution of an agreement for Financial Advisory Services Agreement with Estrada Hinojosa & Company, Inc.
7. Discuss and consider submission of remainder of allocated reimbursement of CARES Act Funding to the State of Texas.
8. Discuss and consider execution of a Transfer of Allocation form as the receiving jurisdiction for a portion of CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund from the City of Corpus Christi (transferring jurisdiction).
9. Receive updated report on Covid-19 testing for the county jail and county annex inmates and staff.
10. Discuss and consider, based on state disaster declaration, directing calculation of ad valorem tax rate exceeding 3.5% and not to exceed 8% pursuant to Texas Tax Code Chapter 26.
11. Discuss and consider selection of LNV Engineering for professional services for design and construction management services for Hilltop Community Center Roof Coating; approve contract.
12. Discuss and consider Amendment No. 1 to the Interlocal Agreement with the City of Corpus Christi related to Parker Pool for purposes of providing a general public swim program.
13. Discuss and consider increase in filing fee in the amount of $5 in the Office of Nueces County Clerk.
14. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during a declared disaster as it relates to COVID-19 response.
1. Authorize the execution of a County Transportation Infrastructure Fund (CTIF) Grant Program Agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT).
1. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit (DPP-0420-01p) to construct a Single-Family Dwelling (SFD), application submitted by Hanson Engineering Inc., representing Emmons Investments Inc.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 1 between Nueces County and Freese and Nichols, Inc. for the Nueces County 2019 CIP Road Rehabilitation Project – County Road 73 Project.
3. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 1 between Nueces County and LNV, Inc. for the Nueces County 2019 CIP Road Rehabilitation Project – County Road 67 Project.
4. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 1 between Nueces County and Hanson Professional Services for the Nueces County 2019 CIP Road Rehabilitation Project – County Road 48 and 69.
5. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 6 for the McKinzie Jail Annex Fire Alarm System Replacement Project.
6. Discuss and consider the approval of Certificate of Substantial Completion for the IFB: 3118-19 Nueces County Courthouse ADA - Site Improvements completed by Mako Contracting.
7. Discuss and consider the approval of Certificate of Substantial Completion for the IFB: 3112-19 Nueces County I.B. Magee RV Park Improvements completed by Mako Contracting.
8. Discuss and consider authorizing Allied States Cooperative Contract #18-7302 with ABM Building Services, LLC., for installation of park improvements at Hazel Bazemore Park; Discuss and consider alternate methods of procurement for completion of projects.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing BuyBoard Contract No. 592-19 purchase with Daktronics, Inc. related to the replacement of the emergency notification marquee sign at the RMB Fairgrounds, in accordance with funding received from the Texas General Land Office, Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) program.
2. Discuss and consider TIPS Contract No. 200201 purchase with Castro Roofing of Texas for Hilltop Center Roof Repairs.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 18 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 86.
3. Approve monthly financial report for May 2020.
1. Discuss, consider, and also recommend to the Civil Service Commission changing the last two sentences of the Nueces County Personnel Manual policy, Rule 4.21 to allow the accumulation of employee vacation over the 240-hour limit provided for therein.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jul 29, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular