1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge and Chair of the Hospital District will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court and Nueces County Hospital District on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court or Hospital District may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
F. JOINT MEETING OF THE NUECES COUNTY COMMISSIONERS COURT AND THE NUECES COUNTY HOSPITAL DISTRICT
1. Discuss the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, alternative care sites, COVID Clinic, Isolation and Community Protection Sites (Isofac), amended Orders, and activities related to area economic recovery, hurricane preparedness; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
2. Receive a briefing on the Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute's "Nueces County Comprehensive Behavioral Health Community Needs Assessment (Draft Report) June 2020."
3. Receive a presentation from SmithGroup, Inc. on the Nueces County Medical Examiner’s Facility Feasibility Study and site selections for proposed new facility.
4. Discuss final site selection for the new Nueces County Medicial Examiner Facility; take necessary action to approve.
G. ADJOURN JOINT MEETING - The Nueces County Commissioners Court and Nueces County Hospital District will adjourn the joint meeting and the regular Commissioners Court meeting will follow.
1. Proclaiming July 2020 Beach Safety and Rip Current Awareness Month.
2. Harbor Bridge Right of Way Coalition.
3. Americans with Disabilities Act 30th Anniversary.
1. In recognition of Dr. Ray Fernandez for 17 years of dedicated service as Medical Examiner with Nueces County.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
K. Authorize execution of agreement with Wiss, Janney, Elstner, Associates, Inc. for RFQ No. 3117-19 for Historic 1914 Nueces County Courthouse Structural Engineering Services.
1. Receive a presentation from Tim Richardson on maximizing Coastal Bend resiliency in the Deepwater Horizon context.
2. Discuss and consider acceptance of a proposal from The Perryman Group and authorize the County Judge to engage other potential funding partners and negotiate a contract in regard to Economic Impact Analysis - Census Tract 63 & 64, in northern Nueces County.
3. Recieve an update from Dale Atchley on Personnel Change Reports and supplemental pay.
4. Discuss and consider execution of a lease agreement with Driscoll Children Hospital's permitting use of the Calderon Building for Driscoll's Women, Infants, and Children's (WIC) Food Nutrition Program.
5. Discuss and consider re-appropriating unused funds from Coastal Environments, Inc.that was for Environmental & Regulatory permitting for the North Beach canal and use those funds for a traffic study; authorize County Judge to solicit professional company to conduct the study in an amount not to exceed $50,000.
6. Discuss and approve the purchase of a queuing system provided by QLess for the Motor Vehicle Departments in the County Courthouse and Robstown offices.
7. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during a declared disaster as it relates to COVID-19 response.
8. Discuss and consider the implementation of crosstraining and other mechanisms to reduce excess working hours so employees will not burn out and can go home to their families, including overtime, related to the COVID 19 response.
9. Discuss Courthouse Security Badge I.D. Cards, related matters and authorize procurement method(s).
1. Discuss and consider repair Work Order for jail Elevator Doors 7 and 8 under Omnia Partners Contract No. TX-R150801-307241 with Thyssenkrupp Elevator Corporation. Repairs will be to furnish and install a door operator conversion kit on Jail Elevators 7 and 8, new stainless steel car doors and installation of roller guides.
2. Discuss and execute an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between the City of Corpus Christi and Nueces County for the reconstruction of County Road 33.
3. Discuss and execute Work Authorization No. 1 between Nueces County and Lockwood, Andrews & Newman, Inc. (LAN) for the Program Management Services for Nueces County 2019 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) Projects.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3126-20 McKinzie Annex Evidence Storage Room.
2. Discuss and award IFB No. 3132-20 HFRS-2 Emulsified Asphalt.
3. Discuss and award IFB No. 3133-20 AE-P Specialty Emulsion.
4. Discuss and award IFB No. 3135-20 Hot Mix Asphaltic Concrete, Type D, PG 64-22.
5. Discuss and award IFB No. 3134-20 Morgue Transport Service.
6. Discuss and consider authorizing execution for the following renewals for the employee Health Plan of medical & pharmacy and ancillary benefits: Renewals: RFP No. 3037-17 Cafeteria Plan Section 125 Plan Administrator RFP No. 3038-17 Group Term Life Insurance RFP No. 3042-17 Third Party Administration (TPA); RFP No. 3045-17 Disease Management, Pre-Certification Utilization Program; RFP No. 3046-17 Cobra-HIPAA Administration; RFP No. 3044-17 Pharmacy Benefit Management Program (PBM); RFP No. 3108-19 National Network, and-or Local Network and Secondary (Wrap) Network, or other Network Services;
7. Discuss and consider authorizing BuyBoard purchase with Iconic Sign Group related to the replacement of the emergency notification marquee sign at the RMB Fairgrounds, in accordance with funding received from the Texas General Land Office, Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) program.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 17 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
1. Discuss and consider excluding health care providers and other emergency responders to include: All City/County Health District workers, all employees of the Sheriff’s and Constables’ offices, and all employees of the Department of Public Works, from the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) qualifying reasons of #4. Caring for an individual subject in isolation or self-quarantine; #5. Caring for his or her child whose school or place of care is closed (or childcare provider is unavailable) due to COVID-19 related reasons; and/or #6. Experiencing any other substantially-similar condition specified by the US Department of Health and Human Services.
B. Consult with the County Attorney on Case No. 2:20-CV-00157: Thomas G. Camacho vs. Nueces County Texas: and Sheriff J.C. Hooper, in his official Capacity, John/Jane Doe #1, Individually, Arnold Carpenter, Individually, and Zachary Brown, Individually in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas: ratify hiring of outside counsel, Myra Morris and Brian Miller with Royston Rayzor to represent three (3) jailers: and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jul 15, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular