1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Discuss the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, alternative care sites, Isolation and Community Protection Sites (Isofac), amended Orders, testing of County Employees, Health District contract (overtime) with the City of Corpus Christi, and activities related to area economy recovery, hurricane preparedness; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
2. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during a declared disaster as it relates to COVID-19 response; in addition, consider such request for Health District employees, including the Department Director.
1. Accept Commissioners Court Minutes of June 10, 2020.
1. Recognizing July, 2020 as Cleft and Craniofacial Awareness Prevention Month.
1. Emergency Services District #3 - Appoint for vacant position.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
H. Ratify the submission of a grant application to the Ed Rachal Foundation; and ratify the acceptance of a check from the Ed Rachal Foundation for the office build out costs associated with the Nueces County Industrial Commission, also known as the Nueces County Development Commission.
K. Approve the following Tax Deeds and highest minimum bids to date: 1. Lot 2, Block 4, Rancho Amistad (CR 44 @ FM 666, Banquete), in the amount of $5,000.00 2. Lot 3, Block 4, Rancho Amistad (CR 44 @ FM 666, Banquete), in the amount of $5,000.00 3. Lot 7, Block 4, Rancho Amistad (CR 44 @ FM 666, Banquete), in the amount of $5,000.00 4. Lot 6, Block 5, Rancho Amistad (CR 44 @ FM 666, Banquete), in the amount of $5,000.00 5. Lot 7, Block 5, Rancho Amistad (CR 44 @ FM 666, Banquete), in the amount of $5,000.00 6. Lot 8, Block 5, Rancho Amistad (CR 44 @ FM 666, Banquete), in the amount of $5,000.00 7. Lot 9, Block 5, Rancho Amistad (CR 44 @ FM 666, Banquete), in the amount of $5,000.00 8. Lot 10, Block 5, Rancho Amistad (CR 44 @ FM 666, Banquete), in the amount of $5,000.00 9. Lots 19 and 20, Block 2, San Pedro Addition to Robstown (831-833 W Avenue E, Robstown), in the amount of $4,000.00 10. 0.325 acre, more or less, out of the NE ¼ of Section 17, G H Paul Subdivision (643 Petronila Rd, Robstown), in the amount of $10,000.00
1. Receive presentation from Blakely Fernandez, Bracewell, LLP, on Program Management and related benefits.
2. Discuss and consider approval of contract with Lockwood, Andrews and Newnam, LLC. for RFP No. 3122-20 Program Management of Nueces County 2019 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) Projects.
3. Discuss financial alternatives by Estrada, Hinojosa & Company.
4. Discuss and consider execution of a lease agreement with Driscoll Children Hospital's permitting use of the Calderon Building for Driscoll's Women, Infants, and Children's (WIC) Food Nutrition Program.
5. Discuss Courthouse Security Badge I.D. Cards, related matters; authorize procurement method(s).
6. Designate the Nueces County Tax Assessor-Collector as the official to calculate the no-new-revenue tax rate (effective rate); the voter-approval tax rate (rollback rate) and the notice-and-hearing limit in accordance with Chapter 26 of the Texas Tax Code.
8. Discuss and consider authorizing premiums with Texas Association of Counties for Law Enforcement Liability via County Broker of Record, Carlisle Insurance.
9. Discuss and consider approval of letter agreement with Coastal Environments, Incorporated (CEI) for professional services, including environmental and permitting services related to the North Beach Improvement Project (TIRZ#4).
1. Discuss recent updates to the grant application to the Texas Division of Emergency Management for the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program in relation to the Courthouse Complex Emergency Generator.
2. Receive an update regarding potential application(s) for the Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) funding available through the Texas General Land Office (GLO); and discuss and consider setting a date and time for a public hearing regarding the County’s application(s).
1. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 2 for the Nueces County Courthouse ADA-Site Improvement Project.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 16 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
2. Approve monthly financial report for the month of April 2020.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jun 25, 2020 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting