1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Approve Commissioners Court Minutes of February 12, 2020.
1. Texas Independence Day - March 2, 2020.
2. Captain David Cook, CCPD
3. Benny Lee Craft.
1. Nueces County Library Advisory Board
2. Animal Control Advisory Board
3. Beach Management Advisory Committee.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
E. Authorize DIR Contract No. DIR-TSO-3631 purchase from Granicus for Boards and Commissions Software-as-a Service (SaaS) solution.
H. Approve the following Tax Deeds and highest minimum bids to date: Tract ‘D’, Lot 23, Block ‘H’, Flour Bluff Estates, in the amount of $8,000.00 Lot 16, Block 18, Central Park Addition, Unit 3, in the amount of $9,000.00 Lot 39, Block 1, Flour Bluff Point, in the amount of $5,100.00 Lot 3, Block 1, Wilburn Addition, in the amount of $1,545.00 Lot 22, Block 1, Juarez Addition, in the amount of $2,000.00 Lot 5, Block ’A’, George’s Place Subdivision, in the amount of $5,000.00 The North One-half of Lot 10 and all of Lot 11, Block 3, Portairs Addition, in the amount of $15,000.00 Lot 5, Block 1, Gabriel Terrace Subdivision, Unit 4, in the amount of $8,000.00 Lot 15, Block 3, Nanjean Park Addition, in the amount of $37,000.00 Lot 22, Block 8, The Lakes Northwest Subdivision, Unit 1, in the amount of $44,000.00 Lot 30, Block 3, San Juan Addition No. 2, in the amount of $18,881.00
P. Adopt a resolution authorizing the submission of a grant application to the Office of the Governor, Texas Military Preparedness Commission under the Defense Economic Adjustment Assistance Grant (DEAAG) Program for the purposes of acquiring land to prevent encroachment near Navy Outlying Landing Field Cabaniss.
U. Approve the application procedure for appointment to the Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County.
1. Receive an update on the construction of the new Harbor Bridge replacement project.
2. Receive a presentation by Jane Haas, Community Relations for Halo-Flight, Inc., a non-profit helicopter, air-ambulance emergency medical service, on their Business Guardian Plan which enables employers to reduce additional out-of-pocket expenses not covered by insurance if their employees are flown by HALO-Flight during an emergency, accident or illness.
3. Receive a presentation from county-hired consultant, George Andrew Coats with Coats & Evans, concerning their services related to the Nueces County Airport.
4. Discuss and consider Adoption Of An Order With Respect To Republic Services, Inc. Project And Authorizing The County Judge To Execute Certificates Approving The Order And Public Hearing.
5. Discuss and consider the development of a Request for Proposals (RFQ) to prepare for grant opportunities related to environmental engineering services/permitting on North Beach, Corpus Christi, Texas.
6. Discuss and consider approval of a personal services contract with John Breier for purposes of providing services to the Nueces County Industrial Commission AKA Nueces County Development Commission related to their Economic Development Mission in Nueces County.
7. Discuss and consider execution of a lease agreement with Tower II - ERF II, Inc. for space located at 555 N. Carancahua St., Suite 930, Corpus Christi, Texas, for the use of the Nueces County Industrial Commission AKA Nueces County Development Commission.
8. Discuss and consider Gulf Copper request to be granted Foreign Trade Zone status; and consider related agreements.
9. Discuss and consider approval of a license agreement with Oilbelt Little League Baseball for purposes of using County Fields located at 4025 Cliff Crenshaw, Corpus Christi, Texas.
1. Discuss and consider approval of change orders for the I.B. Magee RV Park Recovery Project.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3121-20 Sale of 430 N. Alister, Port Aransas, TX.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 08 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 80.
3. Approve monthly financial report for the month of January 2020.
4. Discuss a rebate in the amount of $9,092 from The Local Government Purchasing Cooperative Board for purchases made by Nueces County through the BuyBoard in 2018-19.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
B. Consult with the County Attorney on Case No. 2:20-CV-00028; Armando Carrillo, Individually and as Representative of the Estate of Daniel Emilio Carrillo, deceased, and Alicia Carrillo vs. Oliver Buendia, Marcus Lopez, Thomas Lowke, Jesus Galvan; Eduardo Gonzalez; Jose Rodriguez; Veronica Garcia; and Nueces County, Texas; In the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas; ratify hiring of outside counsel to represent the jailers: Keith Sieczkowski to represent Thomas Lowke, Jesus Galvan, Eduardo Gonzalez, and Veronica Garcia; Myra Morris to represent Marcus Lopez; Doug Chaves to represent Oliver Buendia; and Paul Kratzig to represent Jose Rodriguez, and related matters.
C. Consult with the County Attorney on Case No. 2:20-CV-00028; Armando Carrillo, Individually and as Representative of the Estate of Daniel Emilio Carrillo, deceased, and Alicia Carrillo vs. Oliver Buendia, Marcus Lopez, Thomas Lowke, Jesus Galvan; Eduardo Gonzalez; Jose Rodriguez; Veronica Garcia; and Nueces County, Texas; In the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas; regarding demand letter from Plaintiff’s counsel, John Flood.
Feb 26, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular