1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Approve Commissioners Court Minutes of January 22, 2020
1. Recognizing February, 2020 as American Heart Health Month.
2. In recognition of the London High School Lady Pirates Volleyball Team for their 2019 season.
3. Recognizing February, 2020 as African American Month.
1. Ms. Lela May Hayek - Contributions to the Nueces County Junior Livestock Show for over 60 years.
1. Discuss and consider changing the appointee to the Corpus Christi Regional Economic Development Corporation.
2. Announcement by Nueces County Judge of Appointee to the Nueces County Industrial Commission, pursuant to Chapter 381 of the Texas Local Government Code.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
C. Authorize payment of bills - special motions list dated February 12, 2020.
E. Approve Nueces County's enrollment and participation in the Cyber Security Training Program offered by the Texas Association of Counties.
M. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for proposals) for grant administrative and project management services for the Community Development Block Grant Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) allocation; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
P. Approve hiring Korn-Ferry to provide a Compensation Study/Organizational Structure for positions in Pay Groups 29 and above; approve agreement.
U. Authorize execution of agreement with Mako Contracting, LLC for IFB No. 3118-19 Nueces County Courthouse ADA Site Improvements.
1. Introduction of Nueces County Junior Livestock Show Queen Contestants.
2. Introduction of Nueces County Sheriff Department Deputies with their new K-9 Partners.
3. Receive a check presentation from the Coastal Bend Bays and Estuaries Program for the benefit of the Pollinator Garden Project located at Padre Balli Park.
4. Receive a presentation from Melissa Sweeting, Executive Director, Council on Alcohol & Drug Abuse Coastal Bend on the Agency's FY 2018-2019 activities; and, approve FY 2019-2020 contract.
5. Discuss and consider Gulf Copper request to be granted Foreign Trade Zone status; and consider related agreements.
6. Receive report from International Consulting Engineering regards to the drainage study for the Tierra Grande area within Nueces County.
7. Discuss and consider adoption of an amended Order and exhibit establishing services and maximum fees related to Nueces County Law Enforcement Agency-Initiated, Incident Management, Non-consent Towing in Nueces County, Texas, effective February 12, 2020.
8. Discuss and consider adopting a resolution in support of the Community Development Corporation of Brownsville's application for Housing Tax Credits for the development of affordable housing just North of Bishop, Texas, to be called Los Ebanos.
9. Discuss and consider approval of a Personal Services Agreement with Tim Richardson related to Restore Act and other Federal Funding Sources.
10. Discuss and consider adopting an order granting an exemption under Section 262.024 of the Texas Local Government Code; Discuss and consider selection of Coats & Evans for professional consulting services related to the Nueces County Airport; Discuss and consider approval of agreement with Coats & Evans to providing consultation, including strategic and infrastructure planning, related to the Nueces County airport and related matters.
11. Discuss and consider hiring the legal firm of Coats & Evans for legal services related to public/private partnerships related to the Nueces County Airport; discuss and consider approval of engagement letter.
12. Discuss and consider designating Nueces County Records Management Officer(s).
13. Discuss and consider approval of a Memorandum of Understanding providing for the Coastal Bend Regional Public Safety Radio Coalition, by and between the City of Corpus Christi, the City of Kingsville, the City of Port Aransas, the City of Portland, the City of Rockport, San Patricio County, Nueces County, the Regional Transportation Authority, and the Corpus Christi Port Authority of Nueces County.
14. Discuss and approve the following Amendment for Fiscal Year 2020 with Contract Agreement between the Nueces County and the Coastal Bend Council of Governments - Area Agency on Aging to reflect that reimbursement rates for FY 2020 have increased and will extend from October 1, 2019 to September 30, 2020.
15. Discuss and consider approval of a license agreement with Oilbelt Little League Baseball for purposes of using County Fields located at 4025 Cliff Crenshaw, Corpus Christi, Texas.
16. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order Amending the Animal Control Order of 1991.
17. Discuss and consider appointment of a Site Selection Committee for a new Medical Examiner Facility.
1. Adopt a resolution authorizing the submission of a grant application to the Texas Office of the Governor, Public Safety Office, Criminal Justice Division for the Nueces County Law Enforcement In-Car System Upgrades, Phase II Project.
2. Adopt a resolution authorizing the submission of a grant application to the Texas Office of the Governor, Public Safety Office, Criminal Justice Division for the Nueces County Case Management and Truancy Prevention Initiative.
3. Adopt a resolution authorizing the submission of an application to the Texas Office of the Governor, Public Safety Office, Criminal Justice Division for the Nueces County Rifle-Resistant Body Armor Project.
4. Adopt a resolution authorizing the submission of an application to the Texas Office of the Governor, Public Safety Office, Criminal Justice Division for the Nueces County Family Drug Court Program.
1. Receive a presentation from Public Works on the Nueces County Vector Control Program.
2. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 3 for the McKinzie Jail Annex Fire Alarm System Replacement Project.
3. Discuss and consider award and execution of a contract for Engineering Services with Richter Architects for the design services related to miscellaneous courthouse projects.
4. Discuss and consider execution of a contract for Engineering Services with Freese and Nichols, Inc. for the design of the County Road 49 & 22 Road Project.
5. Discuss and consider selection of Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. for the design of the Abilene Lane Extension project
6. Discuss and consider approval of change orders for the I.B. Magee RV Park Recovery Project.
1. Discuss and consider rescinding the award to Broaddus & Associates of RFP No. 3101-19 Grants Administration Services for TxGLO Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR); Discuss and award RFP No. 3101-19 Grants Administration Services for TxGLO Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR).
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 07 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 79.
3. Approve Quarterly Investment Report ending September 30, 2019.
1. Discuss and consider creating a Senior Clerk I position (pay group 13) and a Senior Clerk II position (pay group 15) in Department #1378 District Clerk Records Management Fund.
2. Discuss and consider creating a Public Works Project Coordinator II position (pay group 28) for the Building Maintenance division of Public Works in Department #1570 Building Superintendent.
3. Discuss and consider reclassifying 7 Document Scan Index Clerk positions (pay group 11) to Senior Clerk I positions (pay group 13) in Department #0131 Records Imaging Project.
4. Discuss and consider reclassifying 4 QA Records Clerk positions (pay group 12) to Senior Clerk II positions (pay group 15) in Department #1304 Records Management Fund.
5. Discuss and consider reclassifying 2 Records Clerk positions (pay group 14) and a Warehouse Records Clerk (pay group 14) to Senior Clerk II positions (pay group 15) in Department #1470 Records Management Department.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Consult with the County Attorney regarding a pending case Cause No. 2020DCV-0139-F; Fernando Caballero v. Hon. Timothy J. McCoy, In the 214th Judicial District Court of Nueces County and related matters; Ratify the hiring of John Martinez with Hilliard, Martinez, Gonzales LLP to represent Honorable Timothy J. McCoy in his Official Capacity and related matters.
Feb 12, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular