1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Approve Commissioner's Court Minutes of December 18, 2019
1. Miller High School Buccaneers Outstanding 2019 Football Season.
2. In recognition of Anita Eisenhauer.
3. In recognition of Duke It Out Boxing Club.
4. NAACP - 2020 Freedom Fund Banquet
5. 2020 Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration and Commemorative March - January 20, 2020.
6. In support of grant application, New Life Refuge Ministries - Victim Assistance-Residential and Community Services for Victims of Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Youth.
1. Dipak Desai, Department of Public Works, retiring after 13 years of service to Nueces County.
1. Beach Management Advisory Committee.
2. Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities.
3. Nueces County Animal Control Advisory Committee.
4. South Texas Water Authority.
5. Nueces County Civil Service Commission.
6. County Judge announces appointment of Jonathon Torres to the Nueces County Industrial Commission (Nueces County Development Commission).
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
K. Approve Joint Primary Election Services Contracts for the Nueces County Joint Primary Election.
R. Discuss and consider purchase of body cameras and tasers for Nueces County law enforcement officers.
1. Discuss and consider approval of a finding for the method of procurement (request for qualifications) for licensed professional Engineers for engineering services to provide program management to oversee projects, manage resources and teams to successfully execute Capital Improvement Programs (CIP); authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order.
2. Receive presentation on the status of the development of a Nueces County Fire Marshal.
3. Discuss and consider approving a finding for the method of procurement (request for proposals) to facilitate the selection of a qualified firm for the purpose of performing a Job Classification and Compensation Study for Nueces County; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order.
1. Discuss and consider approval of change orders for the I.B. Magee RV Park Recovery Project.
1. Discuss recent update to the Community Development Block Grant - Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funding application to the Texas General Land Office.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 05 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No.77.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jan 08, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular