1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls Bishop Edmond Carmody for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. December 3, 2019, December 4, 2019, and December 9, 2019.
1. Agua Dulce Longhorns - Area Football Finalists.
1. Recognize the County Auditor and staff for Excellence in Financial Reporting as presented by the Government Finance Officers Association, for its comprehensive annual financial report for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2018.
1. Beach Management Advisory Committee.
2. Regional Health Awareness Board.
3. Emergency Services District #1.
4. Emergency Services District #2.
5. Emergency Services District #3.
6. Emergency Services District #4.
7. Emergency Services District #6.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
F. Approve amended dates for Commissioners Court 2020 Schedule.
H. Approve the following "Outside Agency" contracts for FY 2019-2020: 1. Children's Advocacy Center of the Coastal Bend - Total $1,500 County Judge - $1,000; Commissioner Pct. 3 - $500 2. Corpus Christi Black Chamber of Commerce - County Judge - $1,000 3. Del Mar College Foundation, Inc. - Commissioner Pct. 3 - $1,000 4. The Ark Assessment Center & Emergency Shelter for Youth - Total $3,000 County Judge - $1,000; Commissioner Pct. 1 - $1,000; Commissioner Pct. 2 - $500 Commissioner Pct. 3 - $500 5. The Purple Door - Total $2,000 County Judge - $1,000; Commissioner Pct. 1 - $500; Commissioner Pct. 2 - $500 6. Westside Helping Hand- Total $1,700 County Judge - $1,000; Commissioner Pct. 2 - $700
1. Discuss and consider approval of agreement for transfer of law enforcement dog to Deputy Ryan Walling.
2. Receive an update from the Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute on the preliminary reports from the Comprehensive Mental Health Needs Assessment for Nueces County.
3. Discuss and consider selection of Susan Roth, P.E., for engineering services related to drainage master planning, and related matters; authorize execution of contract.
4. Discuss and consider authorizing Allied States Cooperative Contract # 18-7302 purchase with ABM Energy Services to Replace 70 ton Aaon chiller unit located at the Fairgrounds.
5. Discuss and consider adopting a Resolution approving construction in collaboration with the City of Corpus Christi of an extension of Junior Beck Drive from dead end to Old Brownsville Road; and authorize execution of an Interlocal Cooperative Agreement with the City of Corpus Christi related to the Junior Beck Drive extension project, specifically for engineering costs.
6. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Contract with Department of Information Resources (DIR) relating to the use of the DIR Shared Services Master Service Agreement; Discuss and consider approval of the Managed Services Terms and Conditions for purposes of conducting an Election Security Assessment.
7. Discuss recent updates to the Community Development Block Grant - Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funding application to the Texas General Land Office.
8. Discuss and consider revising 2020 Holiday Schedule that was approved in the last Commissioners Court; consider making the two half-day holidays into one full-day holiday to align with the other Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays.
9. Receive report on Alliance for I-69; approve payment of invoice for membership.
10. Discuss and consider options for funding a drainage project, including permitting and environmental assessments related to the City of Corpus Christ and Nueces County Collaboration on North Beach and Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone #4.
11. Discuss and consider Gulf Copper request to be granted Foreign Trade Zone status; and consider related agreements.
1. Discuss and consider approval of a deductive Change Order No. 2 for the County Road 35 Paving Improvements from Saratoga Blvd. to CR 26 Project.
2. Receive report on the completion of County Road 35 paving improvement project from Saratoga Blvd to CR 26.
3. Discuss and consider approval of change orders for the I.B. Magee RV Park Recovery Project.
4. Discuss and consider award and execution of a contract for Engineering Services with Freese and Nichols, Inc. for the design of the County Road 73 Road Project.
5. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 2 for the McKinzie Jail Annex Fire Alarm System Replacement Project.
6. Discuss and consider selection of Raptor Engineering, Inc. (Raptor) to provide third party measurement and verification (M&V) services to review the quarterly Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) reports provided by Johnson Controls, Inc.; Authorize execution of Engineering Services contract.
7. Discuss and consider execution of a contract for Engineering Services with Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc. for the inspection of Bob Hall Pier.
8. Discuss and consider authorizing TIPS Contract No. 170303 and 170201 purchase with Protech Mechanical, Inc. for the installation of two (2) owner supply chillers and associated mechanical work which includes providing and installing water isolation valve utilizing freeze technology and new hot taps at the condenser pumps.
9. Discuss and consider selection of SMITHGROUP for the proposed Nueces County Medical Examiner Feasibility Study; Authorize execution of agreement.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3113-19 Banquete Booster Pump Station Cyndie Park II TWDB Project #62622.
2. Discuss and award RFP No. 3111-19 Security Assessment Consulting Services.
3. Discuss and award RFP No. 3114-19 Courthouse Food Services.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 04 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
2. Discuss and consider approving the Federal Equitable Sharing Agreement and Certification for the Sheriff's Office and the District Attorney's Office.
1. Discuss and consider creating a temporary Drug Court Coordinator position at 29 hours for the County Court at Law 5.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Dec 18, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular