1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Commissioner's Court Minutes of November 18, 2019 and November 20, 2019.
1. Genevieve Cox, National Debate Team member.
1. Nueces County Tax Appraisal District
2. Nueces County Civil Service Commission.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
N. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for qualifications) for engineering services for hydrology infrastructure data collection and analysis services to Nueces County; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee; and authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice. (3120-19).
O. Approve execution of Nueces County Records Management Order.
1. Receive a presentation from John LaRue, President & Chief Executive Director of The United Corpus Christi Chamber of Commerce, on FY 2018-2019 activities related to the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA); and approve Fiscal Year 2019-2020 contract.
2. Receive a presentation from Rebecca Flanigan, Deputy Director of Litigation, Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid, on FY 2018-2019 activities.
3. Receive an update from eCivis Inc. regarding the County's cost allocation plan/negotiated indirect cost rate and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider the dates for Commissioners Court 2020.
5. Discuss and consider additional holidays for Nueces County employees.
6. Discuss and consider selection of Husch Blackwell, LLP as a consultant on redistricting, election legal services, and related matters.
7. Discuss and consider adopting an Order prohibiting the use and sale of aerial fireworks in the unincorporated areas of the County during the December 2019 fireworks season.
8. Discuss and consider execution of a Performance Contracting Project Development Agreement with ABM Building Services, LLC through Allied States Purchasing Cooperative Contract No. 18-7302 for a detailed evaluation study of certain Nueces County buildings, including those listed on County’s Capital Improvements Program for energy conservation.
9. Discuss and consider restructuring/organization and renaming of Nueces County Animal Control.
10. Discuss and consider amendment to the Nueces County Hazard Mitigation Action Plan.
11. Discuss and consider interlocal agreement with the City of Corpus Christi for purposes of providing engineering services for the extension of Junior Beck Drive, in an amount not to exceed $200,000.00.
12. Discuss and consider Gulf Copper request to be granted Foreign Trade Zone status; and consider related agreements.
13. Discuss and Consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 2 for additional services and time extension to the Professional Services Contract with LAN Engineering for the I.B. Magee Multi-Purpose Office Building.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Letter Agreement with M.A. Mortenson Co., related to a damages claim on a section of County Road 77.
2. Discuss and consider execution of a contract for Engineering Services with Hanson Professional Services for the design of the County Road 69 & 48 Road Project.
3. Discuss and consider rescinding selection of Freese and Nichols, Inc. for the design of County Road 73 and select Jacobs.
4. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 2 for the Nueces County I.B. Magee RV Park Improvement Project.
5. Discuss and consider execution of a contract for Engineering Services with LNV, Inc. for the design of the County Road 67 Road Project.
6. Discuss and consider selection of Jacobs for inspection services of the Bob Hall Pier.
7. Discuss and consider selection of SMITHGROUP for the proposed Nueces County Medical Examiner Study.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 03 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No.76.
3. Approve monthly expense report for the month of September 2019.
4. Discuss and consider approving the Federal Equitable Sharing Agreement and Certification for Constable Pct. 3 and Constable Pct. 5.
1. Discuss and consider a request to create Records Management Department and reclassify Manager Record Services in department 1470 to Director, Records Management.
2. Discuss and consider a Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) for all regular full-time Nueces County employees.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Dec 04, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular