1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Minutes for October 24, 2019, October 30, 2019, November 5, 2019 and November 6, 2019.
1. In Opposition to Personal Property Tax Exemption.
2. Dr. William Burgin, retiring after 31 years as Local Health Authority for the City of Corpus Christi – Nueces County Public Health District.
1. Marine Corp League - Award to County Judge Barbara Canales
2. Presentation of the December 2019 Employee of the Month.
1. Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities.
2. Christus Spohn Board of Trustees.
3. Beach Management Advisory Committee.
4. Nueces County Child Welfare Board
5. Nueces County Appraisal District.
6. Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County.
7. Nueces County Civil Service Commission
8. Regional Health Awareness
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
F. Approve execution of Amendment No. 1 with Gulf Coast Paper Co. for IFB 3083-18 Copy Paper, Computer Paper, NCR Paper, and Envelopes.
K. Ratify Application for use of School Parking Lot - Coles School - Voices of South Texas Event, Nueces County Historical Commission.
L. Approve permit for County Road crossings for River Acres Water Supply for purposes of waterline replacements in Quail Valley, First Colony, and Broad Acres Subdivisions.
N. Authorize change request with SHI for Linked Mailbox and PST Migration.
1. Discuss and consider selection of the 2020 Nueces County Workers Compensation Coverage Provider.
2. Receive presentation from Southwest Transplant Alliance on organ and tissue transplantation in South Texas.
3. Discuss and consider approval of Port of Corpus Christi Authority Funding Agreement in the amount of $250,000.00 for purposes of contributing to the construction of an observation deck at Horace Caldwell Pier in Port Aransas, Texas.
4. Discuss and consider approving a Commissioners Court order granting purchasing exemptions under Section 262.024 of the Local Government Code in relation to professional services of engineers for the construction of an observation deck at Horace Caldwell Pier.
5. Discuss and consider selection of Hanson Professional Services, Inc., for design of Horace Caldwell Pier Observation Deck; approve engineering services contract.
6. Discuss and consider Gulf Copper request to be granted Foreign Trade Zone status; and consider related agreements.
7. Discuss and consider restructuring/organization and renaming of Nueces County Animal Control.
8. Reorganization and reclassification of certain positions of the Law Library and the other Nueces County Libraries to all be under the direction of the County Librarian.
9. Reorganization and reclassification of certain positions of the Voters Registration Department to all be under the direction of the Nueces County Commissioners Court.
10. Discuss and consider adding an additional regular, full-time Senior Autopsy Technician position, pay group 18 to Department 3890-Medical Examiner.
11. Discuss and consider approving the supplemental increases for the County Attorney's Office personnel under the 1325 account and related matters.
12. Discuss and Consider execution of a Personal Service Agreement with P&M Commercial Operations, LLC to perform construction/project management services as listed in the attached proposal to assist Coastal Parks with recovery of the I.B. Magee RV Park facilities.
13. Discuss and consider approval of Contract Agreement Amendment No. 2 for Fiscal Year 2019 between Nueces County and Coastal Bend Council of Government - Area Agency on Aging, on the New Increased Rate for Home Delivered Meals Effective September 1, 2019 - September 30, 2019.
1. Discuss and approve the County Judge to sign the Gold Service Agreement with Thyssenkrupp Elevator Corporation for elevator maintenance in the Courthouse and the County Jail.
2. Discuss and authorize the County Judge to enter into Modernization Proposals with Thyssenkrupp Elevator Corporation for the following elevators; 1. Four (4) Courthouse Tower Elevators. 2. Three (3) Jail Elevators.
3. Discuss and consider selection of the following consultants related to Nueces County Capital Improvement Plan Road Project: Jacobs-County Road 33 from FM 43 to 1 mile north. Hanson Professional Services-County Road 69 from County Road 52 to the Robstown City Limits Fresse and Nichols, Inc.-County Road 73 from FM 624 to Rock Island Road LNV, Inc.-County Road 67 From State Highway 44 to County Road 28
4. Authorize a Texas Tips Contract No. 170201 with Pro Tech Mechanical, Inc. for purchase and install of a 70 Ton AAON HVAC Package Unit, with a 5-Year Compressor Warranty (no labor or refrigerant included) for Ball Room B at the RMB Regional Fairgrounds.
5. Discuss and consider approval of change orders for the I.B. Magee RV Park Recovery Project.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing a sole source purchase from HydroHoist Marine Group, Inc for 75 PowerPort base units for Coastal Parks.
1. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 75
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Nov 20, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular