1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls Pastor Eli Perez from Bridgeway Church of Corpus Christi for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC HEARING (9:00 A.M.) - The Nueces County Commissioners Court will conduct a public hearing pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 51.305, for purposes of consideration of a plan for the preservation and restoration of the Nueces County District Clerk's court records archives.
1. Encouraging TXDOT to construct a traffic light at intersection of CR 43 and CR 33 by London schools.
1. Acknowledgement and recognition of London High School Professional Communication Class.
2. Martin Longoria has been the Nueces County Veterans Services Officer from November 10, 2015 and his last day will be November 6, 2019.
1. Nueces County Airport Advisory has received 2 letters of interest from 2 incumbents, Kenneth Shores and Robert Gonzalez.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
G. Ratify execution of engineering services contract with Richter Architects for the 5th Floor Break Room at the Nueces County Courthouse.
H. Ratify execution of engineering services contract with Richter Architects for the Modifications/Renovations to the Evidence Storage Room at the Nueces County McKinzie Jail Annex.
I. Ratify the execution of Amendment No. 2 to Project ID M1916ROBS with the Texas Department of Transportation for the Routine Airport Maintenance Program.
1. Discuss and consider approval of the District Clerk’s Designation of the Records Archive and the District Clerk’s Management, Archiving, Preservation, and Restoration Plan pursuant to Section 51.305 of the Texas Government Code.
2. Discuss and consider approval of an Order authorizing the issuance of Nueces County, Texas, Limited Tax Refunding Bonds, Series 2020, levying a tax in payment thereof; providing for the award of the sale thereof in accordance with specified parameters; authorizing the execution and delivery of a bond purchase agreement and escrow agreement; approving the Official Statement; and enacting other provisions related thereto.
3. Receive a presentation on Fleet Planning Analysis by a Sourcewell Cooperative Contract #060618-EFM awarded vendor, Enterprise Fleet Management, related to the systematic replacement and maintenance of the Nueces County Vehicle Fleet; authorize staff to bring necessary documents back to the November 20, 2019, Nueces County Commissioners Court.
4. Receive a presentation from Alan Wilson, Chairman, Corpus Christi United Chamber of Commerce, South Texas Military Facilities Task Force (STMFTF), on the FY2018-2019 activities; and, Authorize FY 2019-2020 contract.
5. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement with the City of Corpus Christi for Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone #4 (TIRZ #4, North Beach); appoint board member to TIRZ #4 Board of Directors; discuss and consider recommendation to City of Corpus Christi of second board member to TIRZ #4 Board of Directors (actions subject to and effective upon creation of such reinvestment zone by the City of Corpus Christi, which is expected to be on November 12, 2019).
6. Receive Annual Report Nueces County Libraries.
7. Discuss and consider suspension of the maximum accrual of vacation hours under Rule 4.21 of the Personnel Rules for the 2018-2019 fiscal year for any and/or all applicable county employment positions; authorize the Director of Human Resources to request suspension of Civil Service Rule 4.21 of the Civil Service Rules for any and/or all such employees covered under Civil Service for the 2018-19 fiscal year from the Nueces County Civil Service Commission.
8. Discuss and consider Gulf Copper request to be granted Foreign Trade Zone status; and consider related agreements.
9. Discuss and consider adding Volunteer Law Enforcement Reserves to the current coverage.
10. Discuss and consider authorizing county road crossings for fiber optics in the Great Lakes Bluntzer area in Northwest Nueces County.
11. Discuss and consider adopting an Order prohibiting outdoor burning in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County, pursuant to Section 352.081 of the Texas Local Government Code.
12. Discuss and consider alleged inappropriate comments made by Port of Corpus Christi appointee, Richard (Dick) Bowers, at a recent meeting of the Board of Commissioners of the Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County and any remedies available.
1. Discuss and consider approval to sign and accept the roof repair and rehabilitation warranty from DLJ Roofing, LLC (DLJ) at the Juvenile Justice Center Office Building.
2. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 15 for the McKinzie Jail Annex Dormitory Renovation Project.
3. Discuss and authorize the County Judge to enter into a Modernization Proposals with Thyssenkrupp Elevator Corporation for the following elevators; 1. Four (4) Courthouse Tower Elevators. 2. Three (3) Jail Elevators.
4. Discuss and approve the County Judge to sign the Gold Service Agreement with Thyssenkrupp Elevator Corporation for elevator maintenance in the Courthouse and the County Jail.
5. Discuss and ratify Work Order for Tower Elevator Doors under Omnia Partners Contract No. TX-R150801-304292 with Thyssenkrupp Elevator Corporation.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Discuss and consider claims and settlement demand of Maximillian Tortorelli, and related matters.
B. Consult with County Attorney on alleged inappropriate comments made by Port of Corpus Christi appointee, Richard (Dick) Bowers, at a recent meeting of the Board of Commissioners of the Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County and any remedies available.
C. Consult with the County Attorney regarding the selection of Phipps Deacon Purnell, PLLC to represent Nueces County in pursuing legal matters involving the prosecution of all pending and subsequent property tax litigation between Nueces County and Valero related to tax years 2018, 2019, and 202; and related matters. Discuss and consider an Order authorizing the County Judge to execute the Professional Services Agreement (Contingent Fee Counsel for Nueces County property tax litigation) with Phipps Deacon Purnell, PLLC, to represent Nueces County in legal matters involving the prosecution of all pending and subsequent property tax litigation between Nueces County and Valero related to tax years 2019, 2019, and 2020; and related matters.
D. Discuss and consider settlement of Cause No. 2016DCV-5228-H, Joshua Sorensen v. Nueces County Civil Service Commission, Nueces County, Texas, and James "Jim" Kaelin, In the 347th Judicial District Court, Nueces County, Texas; on appeal in 13-18-00631-CV in the 13th Court of Appeals, Corpus Christi-Edinburg; Authorize the County Judge to sign the settlement agreement and related matters.
E. Discuss and consider authorizing County Attorney to submit and pursue settlement of claim for $10,016.13 against Julius Zdansky regarding damages that Zdansky's farming equipment caused to County Road 75 on October 24, 2019, and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Nov 06, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular