1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls Reverend Allen Mosiman from Parkway Presbyterian Church for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. September 25 and October 4, 2019.
1. Recognize Ray High School Athletic Hall of Fame Inductees.
2. Ashrith Reddy, U.S. Geography Olympiad 2019 National Champion.
3. National Disability Employment Awareness Month - October 2019.
4. Recognize the Nueces County Coastal Parks Board 70th Anniversary.
5. In Opposition to Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) Premium Rate Increases.
1. Receive trophy from the American Heart Association for the participation challenge for the American Heart Association Walk between Nueces County and the City of Corpus Christi.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
C. Authorize payment of bills - special motions list dated October 16, 2019.
E. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for competitive bids) for Nueces County Courthouse Parking Lot Site Improvements; and authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice.
F. Approve execution of BuyBoard Contract No. 520-16 purchase with Basic IDIQ for Bishop Building Re-Roofing project.
I. Approve DIR Contract No. DIR-TSO-4167 purchase with Insight Public Sector for Courthouse Wi-Fi Equipment with Cloud Management.
Q. Accept for record purposes, the executed lease agreement for FY 2019-2020 at the Nueces County Airport: 1. Jerry Hunsaker - T-4 2. James Bliss - T14 3. Jim Albert - M-5 4. John Reed - T-20 5. Tim Bowen - T-18 6. Thomas Perrigue - T-15 7. Jay Hale - T-2 8. Mark Harrison - T-7 9. Donald Bayne Horne - T-1 10. Donald Bayne Horne - T-10 11. Andrew Kirkpatrick - T-8 12. Guillermo Pliego - T-16 13. Guillermo Pliego - T-17
S. Approve a license agreement with Northwest Corpus Christi Little Miss Kickball League for purposes of using County Fields located at 3910 Cliff Crenshaw St., Corpus Christi, Texas, 78410.
T. Approve a license agreement with Warcats Pony League for purposes of using County Fields located at Lyondell Basell Park, Haven Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas, 78410.
1. Receive a report from Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson, LLP, on delinquent court fine and fee and delinquent tax collections.
2. Receive presentation from Annaville Fire Chief, Michael Clack, on Nueces County needs of a Fire Marshall.
3. Discuss and consider Gulf Copper request to be granted Foreign Trade Zone status; and consider related agreements.
4. Discuss other potential funding sources of Capital Improvement Program Projects, including but not limited to Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), CDBG-DR (Disaster Recovery), CDBG-MIT (Mitigation), State Infrastructure Bank, Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), and Texas Department of Emergency Management (TDEM).
5. Discuss and consider selection of Lockwood, Andrews, Newnam, Inc. (LAN) for a Master Services Agreement, for services including, but not limited to updating Nueces County’s Hazard Mitigation Plan and Capital Improvement Program Implementation Services.
6. Receive an update on MetroCom, related to interlocal agreement adjustments and request of MetroCom Board for a three year audit.
7. Discuss and consider authorizing County Judge to execute a correction right-of-way easement to the City of Corpus Christi for the Newport Pass Road.
8. Discuss Game Room Regulations in accordance with Chapter 234 of the Texas Local Government Code.
9. Discuss and consider approving consent for the removal of a deceased veteran’s remains from Duncan Cemetery for re-internment at the Coastal Bend Veteran’s Cemetery, and authorize County Judge to execute consent form.
10. Receive an update on County 4-Yard (5655 Bush Road, Corpus Christi, Texas), by the Department of Public Works.
11. Discuss and consider approval of proposed 2018 and 2019 projects to be funded under the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) Street Improvement Program.
1. Discuss and consider the submission of a grant application to the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans’ Assistance for Veterans Treatment Court Grant.
1. Discuss and consider approval of the 2nd 90-Day permit extension for the Dune Walkover permit DPP-0216-02p. Under the Beach Management Plan (BMP) a Dune Protection Permit is issued for a duration of 3 years after which the applicant can request two 90-day permit extensions.
2. Presentation and status update on Projects at the McKinzie Annex: A. Dormitory B. Generator C. Fire Alarm
3. Presentation and status update on Projects at the Nueces County Courthouse: A. Elevator Modernization B. Chillers C. Generators
1. Discuss and consider authorizing Sole Source purchase of law enforcement radio upgrades with Dailey and Wells Communications, Inc.
2. Discuss and consider authorizing Addendum 67 to Master Service Agreement for a TASB BuyBoard State Contract No 537-17 purchase for maintenance services and Product Schedule 67 for lease of Xante EnPress machine from Ricoh USA, Inc.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 24 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 01 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
3. Approve monthly financial report for the month of August 2019.
4. Authorize and approve an increase of $42.00 in change fun for the Law Library. The change fund is currently $8.00 and will now be $50.00.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Consult with County Attorney and/or outside counsel on Gulf Copper request for Foreign Trade Zone status and related agreements.
B. Discuss and consider claim of Guy Williams, and related matters.
C. Consult with the County Attorney regarding the status of County of Nueces et al. v. Purdue Pharma L.P. et al, Master File No. 2018-63587,in the District Court of Harris County, Texas, 152nd Judicial District; 2018CCV-61176-4, in the Court Court at Law No. 4, Nueces County, Texas, and related matters.
D. Discuss and consider settlement demand and status of Cause No. 2016DCV-5228-H, Joshua Sorensen v. Nueces County Civil Service Commission, Nueces County, Texas, and James "Jim" Kaelin, In the 347th Judicial District Court, Nueces County, Texas; on appeal in 13-18-00631-CV in the 13th Court of Appeals, Corpus Christi-Edinburg, and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Oct 16, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular