1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls Pastor Rick Milby from Abundent Life Fellowship for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Approve Commissioners Court Minutes of September 11, 2019.
1. October 2019 - Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
2. National 4-H Week in Nueces County, October 6-12, 2019.
1. Honorary Lone Star Future Farmers of America (FFA) Degrees, and Western Nueces County Venue Awards, Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds.
2. Announcement of the October 2019 Nueces County Employee of the Month.
1. Regional Transportation Authority
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
G. Authorize Texas Buy Board Contract No. 552-17 with Trane for purchase of two (2) water chiller units, installation assistance, startup, and 10 years parts and labor extended warranty service agreement.
1. Receive report from Estrada Hinojosa and Company on Nueces County Series 2019 Tax Notes.
2. Receive presentation from Tomas Duran, Employee Benefit Management and Consultant, on Nueces County Employee Benefit Plans, including possible transitions plans; discuss and consider a personal services agreement with Tomas Duran for employee health insurance benefits management and consulting.
3. Discuss and consider approval of Nueces County Capital Improvement Projects 2019, including considerations for Project Management policy, Prioritization, Department of Justice Settlement related to the Americans with Disabilities Act, immediate needs such as courthouse elevators and chillers, authorize staff to immediately develop a campaign to notify the citizens of Nueces County of such intentions; and related matters.
4. Discuss and Consider adoption of Order of Special Election for the Constitutional amendment election on November 5, 2019.
5. Discuss and consider ratifying Professional Services Agreement between the Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute, Nueces County, and Nueces County Hospital District to prepare a comprehensive needs assessment for Nueces County that can serve as a basis for a systematic approach to providing services for mental illnesses and substance abuse disorders in the County; Agreement term October 15, 2019 – September 15, 2020.
6. Discuss and consider ratifying Interlocal Agreement between the Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities, Nueces County, and Nueces County Hospital District for the purpose of providing mental health services relating to the diversion of persons from jails or other detention facilities, including services for associated substance abuse issues, to those persons and such programs included crisis services and jail diversion, magistrate courts orders and pre-trial diversion, local competency restoration, and other similar and related programs; Agreement term October 1, 2019 – September 30, 2020.
7. Receive an update on County 4-Yard (5655 Bush Road, Corpus Christi, Texas), by the Department of Public Works.
8. Discuss and consider the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District (CCNCPHD) entering into a contract amendment No. 4 with the Texas General Land Office (GLO) to collect and analyze recreational beach water samples and receive an amount not to exceed $532,570.50 for base water samples submitted, apportioned as $47,025.00 for base samples submitted; and $12,226.50 for repeat sampling required, if any, for the period of September 1, 2019 through February 29, 2020; and authorize the Director of the CCNCPHD to sign on behalf of Nueces County.
9. Discuss and consider increasing the Law Library Fund court cost from $27.50 to $35.00 pursuant to Section 323.023 of the Texas Local Government Code.
10. Discuss and consider approval of personal services contract(s) with Legislative Consultant(s), Hugo Berlanga; Joel Romo and Patricia Shipton for services related to the 86th Texas Legislative Session, strategic planning, consulting, and governmental relations services, and other related matters.
11. Discuss and consider approving the process for granting an easement on property held by Nueces county as trustee between Block A and Lot 1 Block 1, Manchester Place Subdivision in Commissioner Precinct No. 1.
12. Discuss and consider approval of the Sheriff and Constable Fees for 2020, pursuant to Section 118.131 of the Texas Local Government Code.
14. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement with the Community Supervision and Corrections Department (CSCD), effective October 1, 2019, for the purposes of Risk Assessment Services in the Nueces County Jail.
15. Discuss and consider approval of updated Commissioners Court Policy, Procedure, and Decorum Guidelines, including provisions made pursuant to House Bill 2840 of the 86th Texas Legislative Session.
1. Discuss and consider approving the process for granting a lease of Nueces County right of way property along Marvin Berry Road East of Suntide Road in Commissioner Precinct No. 1.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3110-19 Farmland for Lease – Nueces County Airport 119.91 Acres.
2. Discuss and award IFB No. 3112-19 Nueces County I.B. Magee RV Park Improvements.
3. Discuss and consider Authorizing TIPS Contract No. 180304 purchase with TIPS awarded vendor, Televon (Plenteous Consulting Services, LLC) to perform consulting services related to Nueces County’s telecommunications services and systems.
4. Discuss and consider authorizing an ESC 19 Allied States Cooperative Contract No. 18-7289 purchase with Johnson Controls for Basic Planned Service Agreement (BPSA) that covers preventative maintenance (PM) services for heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) units at the Courthouse and Jail that are included under the Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) between Nueces County and JCI.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 23 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
2. Authorize and approve removal of fixed assets that are no longer located in the departments.
3. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 74.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Consult with County Attorney on legal remedies regarding the Schindler Elevator contract and related matters.
B. Discuss and consider settlement demand from Belfor Restoration Company, and related matters.
C. Discuss and consider settlement offer from Martin Marietta Materials related to defective road aggregate materials, and related matters.
D. Discuss and consider property-damage claim of Tolentina Flores, and related matters.
E. Discuss and consider property-damage claim of Frankie Massey, and related matters.
F. Consult with the County Attorney regarding the status of Civil Action No. 2:19-CV-43, Diana Bond, as Representative/Heir of the ESTATE OF TAMI BOND v. Nueces County, Texas, et al, In the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Corpus Christi Division, and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Sep 25, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular