1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls Pastor David Bendett from Rock City Church for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC HEARING (Nueces County and Nueces County Hospital District Budgets) The Commissioners Court will conduct a public hearing on the proposed 2019-2020 Nueces County and Nueces County Hospital District Budgets. CLOSE PUBLIC HEARING RECONVENE MEETING
G. Discuss and consider adopting an order rescinding prior year budget resolutions and orders.
H. Discuss and consider adoption of Orders and Resolutions related to the proposed 2019-2020 Nueces County Budget.
I. Discuss and consider adoption of the 2019-2020 Nueces County Budget.
J. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving the 2019 tax roll; setting the 2019 tax rates for Nueces County; and levying said tax rate against all taxable property in Nueces County for 2019.
K. Discuss and consider adoption of the 2019-2020 Nueces County Hospital District Budget.
L. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving the 2019 tax roll; setting the 2019 tax rate for the Nueces County Hospital District; and levying said tax rate against all taxable property in Nueces County for 2019.
1. Approve Commissoners Court Minutes for August 7 and 14, 2019.
1. America's National Park System.
1. Announcement of the September 2019 Nueces County Employee of the Month.
2. Sr. Officer Travis Pace, Corpus Christi Police Department, Active Shooter Training
P. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
2. Nueces County Special Task Unit of Adult Protective Services.
3. Nueces County Hospital District Board of Managers.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Receive presentation from financial advisors Estrada Hinojosa and Company on a plan of finance for the County issuing Certificates of Obligation.
2. Receive an update on the recent activities of the Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County.
3. Discuss and consider approval of a plan to begin collecting Archive Fee of $10.00 on selected District Clerk filings.
4. Discuss and consider an Order approving continuation of receipt of a share of bingo prize fees pursuant HB 914 of the 86th Texas Legislative Session; authorize staff to notify Texas Lottery Commission and bingo licensed authorized organizations.
5. Discuss and consider appointment of election judges and apportionment of election judges for voting centers per commissioner precinct pursuant to Section 32.002 of the Texas Election Code.
6. Discuss and consider approval of a license agreement with Arlington Height Christian School and South Texas Futbol Club for purposes of using County Fields located at Lyondell Basell Park, Haven Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas.
7. Discuss and consider making determination of completion of construction phase for M&G Resins USA, LLC, now Corpus Christi Polymers, LLC, in accordance with provisions of Tax Abatement Agreement approved October 24, 2012 and subsequent amendments.
8. Discuss and consider approval of an Interlocal Agreement with the Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County (Port) for purposes of the Port providing security services for submerged lands in Nueces County.
9. Discuss and consider approval of an agreement between the City of Corpus Christi, the Port of Corpus Christi Authority, and Nueces County related to the Nueces County Local Emergency Planning Committee partnership.
10. Discuss and consider adoption of a resolution approving an agreement for equipment and consumables with the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles, related to administering motor vehicle titles and registration in Nueces County.
11. Discuss and consider selection of LJA Engineering for engineering services for County road 35 paving improvements from Saratoga Boulevard to County Road 26A and execute contract.
1. Adopt a resolution authorizing the submission of an application for Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funding available through the Texas General Land Office (GLO).
1. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 1 for the McKinzie Jail Annex Fire Alarm System Replacement Project.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a deductive Change Order No. 4 for the Hilltop Community Center ADA Modification Project.
3. Discuss and consider approval of a 30-day contract extension between Nueces County and Lockwood, Andrews & Newman, Inc. (LAN) for the Nueces County Capital Improvement Plan Project.
4. Authorize GoodBuy Contract No. 19-20 7D000 Purchase with Malek, Inc. for installation of water chiller piping and electrical apparatuses for McKinzie Jail Annex Temporary Water Chiller Connections.
5. Receive update on Courthouse and Jail Elevators; discuss funding sources for modernization.
6. Discuss and consider terminating the maintenance agreement with Schindler Elevator Corp. and related matters.
1. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for qualifications) for engineer(s)/engineering firm(s) to assist in the development, design, and implementation of drainage-related projects to be submitted to the RESTORE Council’s Bucket 2 funding; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
2. Approve an Order amending the Nueces County Purchasing Policy and Procedures Manual.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 21 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
B. Consult with County Attorney regarding legal matters related to the Schindler Elevator Corp. maintenance agreement.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Aug 28, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular