1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. In Support of Multisystemic Therapy for the Nueces County Juvenile Probation Department.
2. In Support of uniform Physician Badging.
1. State Representative Todd Hunter presents Certificates of Distinction to Judge Missy Medary of the 347th District Court and Judge Inna Klein of the 214th District Court for their recognition as Centers for Excellence for the State of Texas.
2. Benjamin Abalos, Jr., GL System Analyst, County Auditor, retiring after 23 years of service for Nueces County.
1. Recognize Alan Wilson and Amistad Community Health Center.
2. Announcement of the August 2019 Nueces County Employee of the Month.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
H. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for competitive bids) for the lease of 121.63 acres of farmland adjacent to the Robstown Airport; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order.
I. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for competitive bids) for ADA Modifications Courthouse Site Exterior; and authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice.
M. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for proposals) for Security Assessment Consulting Services; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
1. Receive a briefing from Estrada Hinojosa and Company, the County’s Financial Advisors, on the County’s Financial Overview and potential consequences of Senate Bill 2 of the 86th Texas Legislative Session.
2. Receive presentation from Sharon Fleming, AIA, of the Texas Historical Commission, on the draft feasibility study on the Historic 1914 Nueces County Courthouse.
3. Receive information related to review of Hospital District-funded programs relating to diversion of persons from jails or other detention facilities, provision of crisis intervention teams, expansion of mobile crisis outreach, and development of jail-based competency restoration and for a Comprehensive Mental Health Needs Assessment for Nueces County.
4. Receive presentation related to the establishment of a personal bond office as authorized by Article 17.42, Code of Criminal Procedure.
5. Receive presentation from American Conservation Experience on work they are doing throughout Texas, the Coastal Bend, and Coastal Parks with Habitat conservation and preservation efforts.
6. Discuss and Consider creating a Natural Resources Specialist II position to support Coastal Parks and the Public Works Department.
7. Discuss and consider approval of updated Nueces County Personnel Policy Manual, specific to the Emergency/Disaster Leave policy.
8. Receive an update from Public Works on the exact chemicals and methods used by Vector Control to treat mosquitoes in Nueces County.
9. Discuss and consider approval of amended engagement letter for legal services with Lynn Butler and Associates of Husch Blackwell, LLP, for purposes of consultation related to Foreign Trade Zones, Bankruptcy and Tax Abatements.
10. Receive documents showing the change in ownership and transfer of Tax Abatement from M&G Resins, et. al., to Corpus Christi Polymers, LLC.
11. Discuss and consider approval of a personal services contract with Tim Richardson related to Restore Act Funding Sources, and related matters.
12. Discuss and consider selection of LJA Engineers related to Restore Act Funding Sources, and related matters.
1. Receive an update regarding the County’s draft applications for the Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funding available through the Texas General Land Office (GLO).
1. Discuss and award IFB 3097-19 Hilltop Community Center Re-Roof and HVAC Replacement.
2. Discuss and award IFB No. 3106-19 Motor Oil and Lubricants.
3. Discuss/Award RFP 3108-19 National Network, and-or Local Network and Secondary (Wrap) Network, or other Network Services.
4. Discuss/Award RFP 3109-19 Aggregate and Specific Re-Insurance (Stop Loss) for the Nueces County Employee Self-Funded Group Health Program.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 18 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
2. Approve monthly financial report for the month of May 2019.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Discuss and consider settlement demand from Belfor Restoration Company, and related matters.
B. Discuss and consider selection of an applicant to fill the position of the Medical Examiner on or after August 1, 2020.
C. Discuss and consider Grievance 062019-1; Armin Lopez vs. all Nueces County Justices of the Peace-Joe Benavides, Henry Santana, Lucy Rubio, Jo Woolsey, Thelma Rodriguez, Larry Lawrence, Duncan Neblett, Robert Gonzalez, and Armando Gonzalez.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jul 24, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular