1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
1. Approve minutes for meeting held on April 10, 2019.
1. Flour Bluff NJROTC
2. National Service Recognition Day
1. 2018 Excellence in Safety Award Presentation. 2018 Making a Difference Award Presentation.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
G. Approve execution of an agreement with Shores Ag-Air, Inc. for IFB No. 3096-18 Hangar #1 (County Williams Hangar) for Lease.
H. Authorize a purchase with Malek-Inc. for parts and labor to repair 170 Ton Aaon Rooftop Unit at RMB Fairgrounds Exhibit Hall A - East Unit.
L. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for competitive bids) for a grant administration services for the Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) allocation; and authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice.
M. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for competitive bids) for engineering services for the Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) allocation; and authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice.
1. Receive presentation of a check from Kevin Gibbs, Horticulture Agent, Texas Agrilife Extension Service, representing the number of volunteer hours given to the community by Master Gardener and Master Naturalist Volunteers and related matters.
2. Receive a presentation on Hurricane Harvey Household Recovery from Alex Garcia of the American Red Cross.
3. Discuss and consider final bill from Belfor Property Restoration for remediation work and scaffolding cost associated with the I.B. Magee Multi-Purpose Building (Park Office) as a result of storm damage from Hurricane Harvey.
4. Discuss and consider adopting a resolution amending the Nueces County PACE Program, providing for non-substantive changes to its form documents.
5. Discuss and consider selection of Lockwood, Andrews, and Newnam, Inc., for purposes of developing the Nueces County Capital Improvement Program.
1. Receive a Presentation by Department of Public Works to discuss the parking concerns of Nueces County employees working at Courthouse and Jail.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No.12 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
2. Authorize and approve setting aside $300.00 from the General Fund to be used strictly as a change fund for District Clerk office. $200 will be assigned to the Civil area and $100 will be assigned to Probate area.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Apr 24, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular