1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
1. In support of Committee Substitute Senate Bill 1936 - an optional additional civil case fee for purposes of construction, renovation, or improvement of facilities that house civil courts in Nueces County.
2. In support of Senate Bill 2273 - An Optional Motor Vehicle Registration fee for Transportation Projects within Nueces County.
3. In support of Strengthening The Texas Trauma Network.
1. Nueces County Airport Advisory Board.
2. Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities Board.
3. South Texas Water Authority
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
F. Approve the following "Outside Agency" contracts for FY 2018-2019: 1. American Red Cross Coastal Bend Chapter - County Judge - $500 2. Boys & Girls Clubs of the Coastal Bend - Total $1,500 County Judge - $500; Commissioner Pct. 2 - $1,000 3. Children's Advocacy Center of the Coastal Bend - Total $2,000 County Judge - $1,500; Commissioner Pct. 3 - $500 4. Coastal Bend Bays & Estuaries Program - Total $2,000 County Judge - $1,000; Commissioner Pct. 4 - $1,000 5. Corpus Christi Police Officers' Association - Total - $1,900 Commissioner Pct. 1 - $500; Commissioner Pct. 2 - $900; Commissioner Pct. 3 - $500 6. Del Mar College Foundation - Commissioner Pct. 3 - $1,500 7. Flour Bluff Business Association - Total $3,500 County Judge - $500; Commissioner Pct. 4 - $3,000 8. Hammons Education Leadership Programs, Inc. (HELP) - Commissioner Pct. 4 - $1,500 9. Northwest Business Association - County Judge - $500
1. Discuss and consider method of procurement of Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Qualification (RFQ), and/or selection of a sole broker for Nueces County to obtain proposals and coverages of insurance in all areas of risk, including but not limited to property and casualty as further defined in Section 262.036 of the Texas Local Government Code; discuss and consider executing a Professional Services Contract with the selected Broker or other course of action; Authorize the County Judge to execute the Professional Services Contract with the selected Broker and related matters.
2. Receive a presentation from Cleo Rodriguez, Jr., Executive Director of The United Corpus Christi Chamber of Commerce, on FY 2014-2015 activities related to the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA); Current year activities and approve Fiscal Year 2018-2019 contract.
3. Discuss and consider adoption of a resolution in support of utilizing public-private partnerships and approving Nueces County Public-Private Partnership Guidelines in accordance with Chapter 2267 of the Texas Government Code.
4. Discuss and consider a contribution of $48,000 to Nueces Together, a nonprofit 501-c(3) formed to assist in an accurate count of the Nueces County population in the 2020 census.
5. Discuss and consider approval of a license agreement with Northwest Corpus Christi Little Miss Kickball League for purposes of using County Fields located at 4025 Cliff Crenshaw, Corpus Christi, Texas.
6. Discuss and consider authorizing entering into negotiations with Ed Rachal Foundation regarding funding construction of pier expansion at either Bob Hall pier or Horace Caldwell pier.
7. Discuss and consider approving Communications Site License Agreement with Modus, LLC for purposes of placing Environmental Sensing Capability sensors at Padre Balli Park office; Discuss and consider approving Communications Site License Agreement with Modus, LLC for purposes of placing Environmental Sensing Capability sensors at IB Magee Park office.
8. Discuss and consider including various areas within Nueces County into the Nueces County Drainage Plans, Grants, and Other Drainage interests and related matters.
9. Receive a presentation from legislative consultants Hugo Berlanda, Joel Romo, and Patricia Shipton on the progress of the County's legislative agenda; discuss and consider taking possible action related to the Legislative Session.
1. Discuss and consider approval of a one-year contract extension between Nueces County and Stridde, Calllins & Associates, Inc. (Stridde) for the Courthouse/Jail Chiller Replacement Project.
2. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 3 for the Nueces County Airport Apron Expansion Project.
3. Receive a presentation from LNV (Craig Forsyth, Architect) describing progress and status of completion of the project; approve Certificate of Substantial Completion.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
B. Consult with the County Attorney to discuss the status of Grievance No. 071817-1, James Villarreal vs. Constable Precinct 5 Department, Nueces County Civil Service Commission and approve settlement.
F. Consult with the County Attorney to discuss and consider Civil Action No. 2:19-CV-43, Diana Bond, et al v. Nueces County, Texas et al., In the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Corpus Christi Division, including authorizing the County Judge to send any required notice to Correct Care Solution; and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Mar 27, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular