A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
D. Approve the following Minutes:
1. Nueces County Beach Management Advisory Committee.
1. 20th Annual Cesar Chavez Marcha.
2. In recognition of Oscar Martinez - South Texas Music Legend.
3. In recognition of Con Mims, Executive Director of the Nueces River Authority, in his retirement.
4. In support of House Bill 1300 and Senate Bill 682 - Legislation that Enhances Oyster Mariculture on the Texas Coast.
5. In support of Senate Bill 1480 - Term limits for Nueces County Hospital District Board of Managers.
6. In support of House Bill 3126 - providing for an amendment to Chapter 381 of the Texas Local Government Code.
7. In support of House Bill 3430 - Transfer of retired law enforcement canines.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
P. Authorize a purchase with Troys Fence to construct a Jail Parking Lot Fence and Gate.
1. Receive a report from Linebarger, Goggan, Blair and Sampson, LLC, on the status of delinquent tax accounts in Nueces County.
2. Receive a presentation from the Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority on their 2018 Year in Review.
3. Receive presentation from Nueces County Coastal Parks on the newly released Texas General Land Office Coastal Resiliency Master Plan; receive presentation and review of those projects specific to Nueces County's work with coastal resiliency issues.
4. Discuss and consider updating the Nueces County Fraud Policy.
5. Discuss and consider approval of engagement letter with Bracewell, LLP, for representation and consulting related to economic development, special project development, public finance, public-private partnerships, real estate and transportation projects, legislative drafting and other matter, including litigation, to the extent and as requested by Nueces County.
6. Discuss and consider adopting an order granting an exemption under Section 262.024 under the Texas Local Government Code; Discuss and consider selection of public insurance adjuster Balance Companies, LLC; Discuss and consider authorizing approval with Balance Companies, LLC to assist with preparation, presentation, and adjustment of insurance claims related to Hurricane Harvey and related matters.
7. Discuss and consider execution of Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between the City of Corpus Christi, the Regional Transportation Authority, the County of Nueces, and the Port of Corpus Christi for the Radio Communications System.
8. Discuss and consider creating the Western County Asset Management Advisory Board for purposes of stimulating economic activity in western Nueces County, including innovative uses of County facilities, the Fairgrounds and Baseball Stadium and other facilities and parks.
9. Discuss and review the first 20 Nueces County Advisory Boards and Committees.
10. Discuss and consider directing staff with the participation and guidance from the Nueces County Auditor, Financial Advisers, and Bond Counsel, on the development of a Nueces County 5-year Capital Improvement Program, for the purposes immediate and long-term needs for County infrastructure, including roads and bridges, courthouse stabilization and repair, ADA renovations pursuant to Department of Justice Settlement, Courthouse HVAC and Elevators, Voting Equipment, other infrastructure needs, and related matters.
11. Discuss and consider a proposal submitted by D & C Fence to furnish and install (2) cantilever gates for the facility entrance at Padre Balli RV Park.
12. Discuss and consider approving the Go Blue Event for National Child Abuse Prevention Month; Discuss and consider authorizing the: (a) Event Application with La Palmera; (b) Hold Harmless Agreement with La Palmera; and (c) Statement of Policy, Rules & Regulations for Common Area for La Palmera.
1. Discuss and consider approval of the Coastal Parks Department to submit a grant project proposal to the Federal Economic Development Administration (EDA) under their Economic Adjustment Assistance (EAA) Disaster Recovery Program as authorized by Sections 209 and 703 of the Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965.
2. Discuss and consider the execution of Reimbursement Contract for Governmental Entities with Coastal Bend Bays and Estuaries Program for Padre Balli Pollinator Habitat Project.
1. Discuss and award RFP No. 3090-18 Sale of the Old Historical Courthouse.
2. Discuss and award IFB 3092-18 Sale of 430 N. Alister, Port Aransas, TX.
3. Discuss and award IFB 3096-18 Hangar #1 (County Williams Hangar) For Lease.
4. Discuss and award IFB No. 3086-18 Nueces County I.B. Magee RV Park Phases 1, 2, 3 & Lift Station Reconstruction.
5. Discuss and award IFB No 3095-18 Armored Car Service.
1. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit DPP-1218-01p, to repair the boardwalk/walkway for Mustang Towers.
2. Discuss and consider approval of the 4th one-year contract extension between Nueces County and Hanson Professional Services, Inc. (Hanson) for storm water services.
3. Discuss and consider approval of a no cost Change Order No. 2 for the Nueces County Airport Apron Expansion Project.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 10 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 26 for Fiscal Year 2017-2018.
3. Approve monthly financial report for the month of January 2019.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Mar 13, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular