1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. Approve the following Minutes:
1. Resolution in honor of Dr. Hector P. Garcia.
2. 2019 Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration and Commemorative March - January 21, 2019.
3. In support of the Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County by adoption of a resolution in opposition to the Texas Gulf Terminals, Inc., Deepwater Port License Application.
4. In support of term limits for Nueces County Hospital District Board of Managers.
2. Discuss and consider the submission of the grant application to the Office on Violence Against Women for the Justice for Families Program 2019.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
A. Authorize payment of bills - regular bill summaries dated December 7, 2018, December 14, 2018, December 20, 2018, December 21, 2018, December 28, 2018, and December 31, 2018.
H. Authorize a TASB BuyBoard State Contract No 537-17 purchase with Ricoh to lease a copier and maintenance service by approving Master Service Agreement Addendum 65 and Product Schedule 65.
1. Discuss and consider giving Christus-Spohn Health one or more appointments to the Nueces County Hospital District Board of Managers, including the possibility of seeking legislation providing for such, and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider approval of Nueces County's Legislative Agenda for the 86th Session of the Texas Legislature for 2019.
3. Discuss and consider seeking proposals for consultant(s) for the 86th Session of the Texas Legislature, strategic planning, consulting, and governmental relations services, and other related matters.
1. Discuss and consider the execution of forms related to funding for airport fuel facility improvements from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT).
1. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit Amendment for the resurfacing and reconstruction of Beach Access Road 2 by the City of Corpus Christi (DPP #0916-01p) that includes water lines and showers for restrooms.
1. Discuss and consider reclassification and unfreezing of Chief Executive to County Judge position from a Pay Group 34, Step 4 to a Pay Group 38, Step 1.
2. Discuss and consider approving the Federal Equitable Sharing Agreement and Certification for the District Attorney.
3. Receive presentation on November 2018 monthly expense Report.
4. Approve Budget Change Order No. 6 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Nueces County Board of Coastal Parks Commissioners.
B. A. Coastal Bend Council of Governments B. Nueces County Bail Bond Board
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jan 07, 2019 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting