A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
1. Approve Commissioners Court Minutes dated: 1. November 14, 2018 2. November 20, 2018
1. Jerry Garcia, Department of Public Works, retiring after 38 years of service to Nueces County.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
5. Discuss and consider approval of the process for interviewing and selecting the Director of the Office of Commissioners Court Administration, and related matters.
G. Nueces County Board of Coastal Parks Commissioners.
3. Discuss and consider the approval of service agreement with Kanopy; an online video streaming service for educational, entertaining, and enriching films for public library services.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
G. Authorize Texas DIR-TSO-3984 State Contract purchase with SHI Government Solutions for NeoGov software for Human Resources.
O. Authorize Texas DIR-TSO-3761 State Contract purchase with MorphoTrust USA for Idemia Touchprint Live Scan System
P. Approve the amended Equipment List for the FY19 Beach Maintenance Reimbursement Application.
R. Approve Kofile's November 7, 2018 Proposal for archival digitization of index book with quicklink lite access.
T. Ratify approval of Order Forms and General Terms and Conditions for West Proflex Online Legal Research with West Publishing Corporation for the County Attorney and District Attorney.
X. Approve an order for a request for competitive bids to lease a 5,229 square foot hanger building ("County Williams Hangar"), and authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice.
1. Receive a presentation from Melissa Hofstetter, Executive Director, Coastal Bend Council on Alcohol & Drug Abuse on the Agency's FY 2017-2018 activities; and, approve FY 2018-2019 contract.
4. Receive annual report from Nueces County Libraries.
2. Receive a presentation from Amy Rhoads Granberry, Vice President and Bill Bailey, CEO of Cenikor Foundation, formerly Charlie's Place Recovery Center on the FY 2017-2018 activities; and approve FY 2018-2019 contract.
B. PUBLIC WORKS
3. Discuss and consider approving a letter from Nueces County to the Texas General Land Office (GLO) expressing concerns regarding a permit application by Texas Gulf Terminal Inc. to construct and operate a Deep-water Port in Federal Waters, due South East of Nueces County (letter attached).
1. Discuss and consider a course of action related to the repair and/or replacement of the Courthouse and Jail Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) System.
2. Discuss and consider selection of Stridde Callins & Associates, Inc. related to Courthouse-Jail Complex Chiller replacement Project.
4. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 12 for the McKinzie Jail Annex Dormitory Renovation Project.
5. Discuss and consider funding for the Nueces County Jail parking lot fencing Project.
6. Discuss and consider approval of funding for a new office building at Public Works 4 Yard Facility.
7. Discuss and consider approval of a deductive Change Order No. 1 for the Nueces County Airport Apron Expansion Project.
1. Discuss and award IFB 3089-18 Aviation Fuel for Nueces County Airport
2. Discuss and award IFB 3085-18 Hilltop Community Center Re-Roof and HVAC Replacement
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 4 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
2. Discuss and consider approving the Federal Equitable Sharing Agreement and Certification for Constable Pct. 3, Constable Pct. 5, and Sheriff Department.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Nueces County Emergency Services District #2
B. Nueces County Emergency Services District #4
C. Nueces County Emergency Services District #6.
D. Nueces County Historical Commission
E. Christus Spohn Health System Board of Trustees
F. Nueces County Beach Management Advisory Committee
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Dec 05, 2018 Commissioners Court - Regular