1. CALL TO ORDER
8. Discuss and consider the hiring of Richard Schechter and his legal team; or Senator Juan Hinojosa and his legal team; or Richard Dodd and his legal team; or Simon Purnell and his legal team; or Kathryn Snapka and her legal team; or Ron Armstrong II and his legal team to represent Nueces County in the opioid litigation, and related matters.
D. RECESS COMMISSIONERS COURT MEETING OPEN PUBLIC HEARING PUBLIC HEARING - The Commissioners Court will conduct a public hearing to receive public comments on the possible adoption of an Order creating a juvenile curfew in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County. CLOSE PUBLIC HEARING RECONVENE COMMISSIONERS COURT MEETING
E. Approve the following Minutes:
1. Commissioner Joe A. Gonzalez - Certificate of Appreciation from the West Oso Independent School District.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Canvass and declare the results of the November 7, 2017, Constitutional Amendment Election in accordance with Chapter 67 of the Texas Election Code.
2. Motion to rescind Order adopting updated Guidelines and Criteria for Temporary Tax Abatement approved November 1, 2017; Discuss and consider adoption of an Order adopting updates to the Nueces County Guidelines and Criteria for Granting Temporary Property Tax Abatements.
3. Receive a presentation from Amy Rhoads Granberry, Chief Executive Officer, Charlie's Place Recovery Center, on the FY 2016-2017 activities; and approve FY 2017-2018 contract.
4. Discuss and consider adoption of a juvenile curfew order applicable to the unincorporated areas of Nueces County in accordance with Texas Local Government Code §351.903.
5. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 2 with Largin Construction Services. LLC, to increase the contract amount and additional days needed to complete the project relating to the Bishop County Building Renovation (Old fire station section).
6. Discuss and consider naming the new Nueces County Airport Terminal the "County Judge Loyd Neal Airport Terminal."
7. Discuss and consider adopting an Order prohibiting outdoor burning in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County, pursuant to Section 352.081 of the Texas Local Government Code.
1. Discuss and consider the approval of Construction Contract Change Order No. 1 with Infinity Operations and Installations (Contract #20170122) for The Ranch Colonia project. (Part 1 of 2)
2. Discuss and consider the execution of an interlocal agreement between Nueces County and the Community Supervisions and Corrections Department in relation to the FY2018 Technical Support Grant/Pre-Trial Assessment Initiative.
1. Discuss and consider the approval of Construction Contract Change Order No. 1 with Infinity Operations and Installations (Contract #20170122) for The Ranch Colonia project. (Part 2 of 2)
3. Discuss and consider the execution of a Notice of Subrecipient Grant Award from the Texas Division of Emergency Management for the FY 2017 Emergency Management Performance Grant program.
1. Discuss and consider approval of a rate increase for residental solid waste collection in the rural areas of Nueces County.
2. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 7 for the McKinzie Jail Annex Dormitory Renovation project.
3. Rescind Change Order No. 2 for the ADA Modifications - Calderon Building.
1. Discuss and award IFB 3057-17 Hilltop Complex Parking Lot & Drainage Improvements.
2. Discuss and award IFB 3040-17 Nueces County ADA Modifications Hilltop Community Center, Commissioner Office, Pass It On Building, Bill Bode Building.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 3 for Fiscal year 2017-2018.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
C. Appoint the Chairperson of the Nueces County Beach Management Advisory Committee.
A. Nueces County Airport Advisory Board
B. Nueces County Child Welfare Board
A. Ratify the hiring of David Z. Conoly, and his firm David Z. Conoly, P.C., to provide legal representation to Nueces County Road District IV concerning sale of real property to the Port of Corpus Christi Authority and related matters; ratify approval of the legal representation agreement, authorize the County Judge to sign the legal representation agreement on behalf of the Road District IV and related matters.
B. Discuss and consider adopting a resolution designating Nueces County Road No. 4 (also known as Causeway Property) and real property located at Harbor Island, Nueces County as no longer used for Road District purposes.
C. Discuss and consider authorizing the County Judge on behalf of Road District IV to execute a Real Estate Sales Contract with the Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County, Texas for sale of Nueces County Road No. 4 (also known as Causeway Property) and real property located at Harbor Island, Nueces County.
Adjourn Road District IV Meeting. Adjournment in Memory (Upon Request)
Nov 14, 2017 Commissioners Court - Regular