1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
E. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
EE. Authorize execution of an agreement with CenturyLink Sales Solutions, Inc. for a phone switch and maintenance at the Port Aransas Building, 705 W. Avenue A, Port Aransas, Texas.
1. Canvass and declare the results of the November 8, 2016 General Election in accordance with Chapter 67 of the Texas Election Code.
2. Discuss and consider the adoption of an Order by the Commissioners Court of Nueces County, Texas authorizing the issuance of Nueces County, Texas combination tax and revenue Certificates of Obligation, Series 2016 in an amount not to exceed $20,500,000 for the purpose of paying contractual obligations of the County incurred or to be incurred for making permanent public improvements and for other public purposes, to-wit (1) acquiring, designing, constructing, renovating, repairing and improving various County facilities to comply with the Americans With Disabilities Act and other federal laws; (2) upgrading and improving the County?s Information Technology Systems; (3) acquiring, designing, constructing, renovating, repairing, and improving various County facilities; (4) acquiring, designing, constructing, renovating, repairing, and improving various County parks system facilities; (5) acquiring, designing, constructing, renovating, repairing, and improving the County airport runway and facilities; (6) the purchase of materials, supplies, equipment, machinery, landscaping, land and rights-of-way in Nueces County for authorized needs and purposes related to the aforementioned capital improvements; (7) the construction of and improvements to various roads, bridges and drainage facilities throughout Nueces County; (8) and the payment of professional, fiscal, engineering and legal fees incurred in connection therewith; providing for the payment of said certificates by the levy of an Ad Valorem Tax upon all taxable property within the County and further securing said certificates by a lien on and pledge of revenues of the Coastal Park System; providing the terms and conditions of said certificates and resolving other matters incident and relating to the issuance, payment, security, sale, and delivery of said certificates; including the approval and distribution of an Official Statement; authorizing the execution of a Paying Agent/Registrar Agreement and a Purchase Agreement; comply with the requirements imposed by letter of representations previously executed with Depository Trust Company; and providing an effective date.
3. Receive a presentation from Melissa Hofstetter, Executive Director, Coastal Bend Council on Alcohol & Drug Abuse on the Agency's FY 2015-2016 activities; and, approve FY 2016-2017 contract.
4. Receive a presentation from Iain Vasey, President/Chief Executive Officer, Corpus Christi Regional Economic Development Corporation (CCREDC), on the FY 2015-2016 activities; and, approve FY 2016-2017 contract.
5. Discuss and consider adopting a resolution of intent to establish a Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Program in Nueces County; and setting a date & time for public hearing.
B. HEALTH DEPARTMENT
7. Discuss and consider adopting an Order prohibiting outdoor burning in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County, pursuant to Section 352.081 of the Texas Local Government Code.
8. Discuss and consider the selection of International Consulting Engineers (ICE) to provide engineering services for the TM Baseball Field Parking Lot and ADA Improvements Project; and approve an Engineering Services Contract.
6. Discuss and consider approval of State Case Registry and Local Customer Service Cooperative Agreement between The Office of the Attorney General of the State of Texas and Nueces County, Texas.
9. Discuss and consider the selection of International Consulting Engineers (ICE) to provide engineering services for the Hilltop Fields Parking Lot and Drainage Improvements; and approve an Engineering Services Contract.
10. Discuss and consider the selection of International Consulting Engineers (ICE) to provide engineering services for the Agua Dulce Community Center Project; and approve an Engineering Services Contract.
12. Discuss and consider an agreement with Nueces County Emergency Services District 2 for fire and emergency rescue services in unincorporated areas of Nueces County.
13. Discuss and consider accepting the Nueces County Emergency Management Plan Annex U (Legal) as presented by the Nueces County Emergency Management Coordinator.
14. Discuss and consider accepting the Nueces County Emergency Management Plan Annex P (Mitigation) as presented by the Nueces County Emergency Management Coordinator.
1. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 2 for the County Road 52 construction project.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a rate increase for residential solid waste collection in the rural areas of Nueces County.
3. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 1 for the County Road 48 Paving Improvements project.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 3 for Fiscal Year 2016-2017.
2. Discuss and consider approving the Federal Equitable Sharing Agreement & Certification for Constable Pct. 3 and Constable Pct. 5.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Nueces County Animal Control Advisory Committee
B. Nueces County Child Welfare Board
C. Regional Health Awareness Board
CONVENE MEETING OF ROAD DISTRICT IV:
Nov 16, 2016 Commissioners Court - Regular