1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
E. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
V. Approve execution of agreement with Tyler Technologies for Odyssey Maintenance and Support, effective October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017.
1. Receive a presentation from Amy Rhoads Granberry, Chief Executive Officer, Charlie's Place Recovery Center, on the FY 2015-2016 activities; and, approve FY 2016-2017 contract.
2. Receive a presentation from Wade H. Fjeld, Executive Director, Palmer Drug Abuse on the Agency's FY 2015-2016 activities; and, approve FY 2016-2017 contract.
3. Receive a presentation by Laura Chapa on the end of the Fiscal Year Grant reporting of the Texas State Library & Archives Commission Special Grants.
4. Discuss and consider naming the Robstown County Park as "Oscar O. Ortiz Park".
5. Discuss and consider appointment of Nueces County Constable, Precinct 2 pursuant to Section 87.041 of the Texas Local Government Code, and related matters.
6. Discuss and consider approval of proposed 2016 projects to be funded under the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) Street Improvement Program.
7. Discuss and consider approval of interlocal agreement with the City of Port Aransas to provide trash collection service along the beach at I.B. Magee Beach Park in Port Aransas, TX.
8. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 001R1 with TBC Commerical Construction LLC, to decrease the contract amount relating to the Padre Balli Park Improvements, Phase 1 Project.
9. Discuss and consider selection and execution of a contract with Hanson Professional Services, Inc. for environmental services to complete a Habitat/Land Use Management Plan for the 3,680 acres of Nueces County owned property in Kleberg County, as recommended by the Coastal Park Board of Commissioners.
10. Discuss and consider approval of Assignment of Lease Agreement providing for the consent of assignment of lease at the Nueces County Airport from Hunt Mutchler Ag-Services to Thomas Perrigue d/b/a Texas Sky Aviation.
11. Discuss and consider authorizing the County Judge to execute contract with Tyler Technologies for implementation of the Odyssey Jail Management System software.
12. Discuss and consider approval of the 85th Texas Legislative Session Agenda for Nueces County.
13. Discuss and consider authorizing execution of listing agreement with real estate broker Joe Adame & Associates, Inc., Mark Adame, for the purpose of listing for sale the 1914 Nueces County Historic Courthouse.
1. Discuss and consider the acceptance of a grant award from the Ladd and Katherine Hancher Library Foundation for the Keach Family Library.
2. Ratify the execution of Amendment No. 2 to Subrecipient Grant Agreement GLO Contract No. 15-053-000-8462 Coastal Management Program (CMP) Cycle 19 for the Hilltop Nature Park Enhancements Phase II.
3. Discuss and consider accepting grant award No. 2315207 from the Office of the Governor Criminal Justice Division (CJD) for the Juvenile Justice Alternative Grant Program for grant period 9-01-2016 - 8-31-2017.
4. Discuss and consider acceptance of a grant award from the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) for the FY 2016 State Criminal Alien Assistance Program (SCAAP).
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3025-16 County Road 69 Drainage Improvements.
2. Discuss and award IFB No. 3026-16 the renovations to the former Social Services Office space for the IT Department.
3. Discuss and award RFP No. 3028-16 consultant services to develop a Hazard Mitigation Action Plan.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 1 for Fiscal Year 2016-2017.
2. Quarterly Investment Report dated June 30, 2016.
3. Discuss and consider approval of an increase to the County Library Change Fund from $100 to $150.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon's Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Oct 19, 2016 Commissioners Court - Regular