1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
E. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
F. Present the following Certificate(s) of Recognition:
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
J. Ratify the execution of a Notice of Grant Award from the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for the General Assistance Grant Program; receive presentation of informational video in relation to the grant award from the Texas Veterans Commission.
Items G - I
1. Discuss and consider authorizing submission of an application to the Secretary of State for participation in the Countywide Polling Place Program; authorize the County Judge to execute a letter, for inclusion in the application, indicating support of the county's plan and requesting approval for the county to implement countywide polling places; and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider authorizing the Nueces County Judge to submit a status letter based on architectural cost estimates and timelines to the Department of Justice related to Settlement Agreement DJ No. 204-74-348, and related matters.
Items 3 & 4
5. Discuss and consider approval of using Commissioner Precinct #3 RTA street improvement funds for improvements to Avenue D in Driscoll, Texas, located in front of the new school.
6. Discuss and consider approval of updated Nueces County Personnel Policy Manual.
C. PUBLIC WORKS
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Item 5 & Adjournment
Jul 13, 2016 Commissioners Court - Regular