1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
E. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
F. Present the following Certificate(s) of Recognition:
1. Discuss and consider approval of an Amended Nueces County Plan for Selection of Prospective Jurors. (Part 1 of 2)
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Discuss and consider approval of an Amended Nueces County Plan for Selection of Prospective Jurors. (Part 2 of 2)
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
N. Authorize/Execute lease agreements for the following hangars at the Nueces County Airport: 1. T-7 Hangar - Scott Callendar 2. T-13 Hangar - George Gardiner 3. T-14 Hangar - Mike Ward
R. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request of competitive bids) for Terry Shamsie Boulevard reconstruction; and authorize the purchasing agent to publish a notice.
2. Receive a presentation from the Corpus Christi Chamber of Commerce related to Lemonade Day - Saturday, May 14, 2016.
3. Discuss and consider approval of a resolution and execution of an application with the State of Texas General Land Office for beach cleaning reimbursement.
4. Discuss and consider approval of proposed preliminary floor plan for renovating the old Social Services Office space to accomodate relocation of part of the IT Department's staff to this area; approve selection of WKMC Architects as firm to complete final plans and specifications.
5. Discuss and consider participation in the unclaimed capital credits received by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts from electric cooperatives under Section 74.602 of the Texas Property Code, and certify the purpose of the use of the funds in compliance with the provisions of Section 381.004 of the Texas Local Government Code.
1. Rescind resolution from March 31, 2010 and adopt a revised resolution authorizing signatories for contractual documents pertaining to the Texas General Land Office – Disaster Recovery Program Community Development Block Grant GLO-DR Contract No. 10-5122-000-5103.
2. Adopt a resolution designating authorized signatories for Texas Department of Agriculture Contract No. 7215115 for the Colonia Fund: Construction (CFC), in relation to the Ranch colonia.
3. Adopt a resolution, per Texas Department of Agriculture Contract No. 7215115 requirements, adopting the following policies and procedures related to the Ranch colonia project: (1) Citizen Participation Plan (2) Section 3 Housing Policy (3) Excessive Force Policy (4) Section 504 Rehabilitation Act Policy and Grievance Procedures and (5) Fair Housing Policy.
4. Discuss and consider the acceptance of a public assistance subaward #PA-06-TX-4223-PW01536 (Hilltop Park Trail & Storm Water System) from the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM).
5. Discuss and consider the acceptance of a public assistance subaward #PA-06-TX-4223-PW01413 (Sablatura Park Culvert Bridge) from the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM).
6. Discuss and consider the acceptance of a public assistance subaward #PA-06-TX-4223-PW01520 (IB Magee RV Park) from the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM).
C. PUBLIC WORKS
1. Discuss and award RFP 3010-16 Food Services at the County Courthouse.
2. Discuss and approve a purchase from Alarm Security & Contracting for the installation of the alarm & camera systems at Padre Balli, IB Magee & Bob Hall Pier Offices and for taking over the fire alarm system at the IB Magee Park office building.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 13 for Fiscal Year 2015-2016.
2. Receive report and management letter FY 2015 from outside auditor, Ernest R. Garza, CPA.
3. Quarterly Investment Reports dated September 30, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
4. Discuss and consider request of the Juvenile Probation Department to create a new Licensed Mental Health Professional position, Pay Group 28.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
6. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
May 11, 2016 Commissioners Court - Regular