1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
E. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
F. Present the following Certificate(s) of Recognition:
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
H. Approve the following Diabetes Contracts for 2015-2016: 1. South Coastal Area Health Education Center - $12,500 2. Texas A&M University CC -Antonio E. Garcia Art & Education Center - $800
I. Approve the following "Outside Agency" Contracts for FY 2015-2016: 1. Boys & Girls Club of the Coastal Bend - $1,500 2. Corpus Christi Police Officers Association - $3,000 3. Downtown Management District - $3,500 4. Robstown Area Development Commission (RADC) - $24,000 5. SCORE - $500 6. South Coastal Area Health Education Center - $5,500 7. Spaulding for Children - $500 8. Texas A&M University Corpus Christi, Antonio E. Garcia Arts & Education Center - 2,500 9. Wesley Community Center - $2,700 10. Women's Shelter of South Texas - $1,000
J. Approve change in paragraph 8 of the "Guidelines for Community Use of County Courthouse and Common Areas" from "Weekend" to "After hours" for purposes of charging users for additional costs for opening the Courthouse after hours and on weekends.
M. Approve making a finding for the method of procurement (request of competitive bids); and authorize the purchasing agent to publish a notice for West Haven Park Improvements, Phase I. (Part 1 of 2)
7. Discuss and consider approving they following regarding West Haven Park at 1700 Cliff Maus: a. Order authorizing improvements. b. Interlocal agreement with the City of Corpus Christi.
M. Approve making a finding for the method of procurement (request of competitive bids); and authorize the purchasing agent to publish a notice for West Haven Park Improvements, Phase I. (Part 2 of 2)
1. Receive update from the Nueces County Port Commissioner appointees on the activities of the Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County.
2. Receive quarterly report from Iain Vasey, CEO, on the activities of the Corpus Christi Regional Economic Development Corporation.
3. Receive a presentation from the Nueces County Board of Park Commissioners and the recently adopted goals for the 2016 calendar year.
4. Discuss and consider proposal from the City of Port Aransas to provide trash service along the beach at the I.B. Magee Beach Park in Port Aransas.
5. Discuss and consider the execution of a Safe Harbor Agreement between the Peregrin Fund Foundation and Nueces County for the reintroduction of Aplomado Falcons on the recently purchased property in Kleberg County.
6. Discuss and consider the following changes in Juvenile Probation Dept.: (1) Elimination of the Volunteer Coordinator position; (2) Reassignment, reclassification and job title change to the Juvenile ISP Officer- Make Amends Program (MAP) Supervisor position; (3) Reassignment- ISP Officer position.
8. Discuss and consider approval of a Utility Easement for Nueces Electric Cooperative through portions of the Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds.
1. Discuss and consider adopting a resolution per Texas Department of Agriculture Contract No. 7214025 requirements adopting the following policies and procedures related to the Cyndie Park Colonia project: (1) Citizen Participation Plan (2) Section 3 Housing Policy (3) Excessive Force Policy and (4) Fair Housing Policy.
2. Approve execution of a Contract for Services with the Coastal Bend Bays and Estuaries Program for the Habitat Management Plan.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3007-15 Morgue Transport Services.
2. Discuss and award RFP No. 3008-15 Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds Farm Lease.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 25 for Fiscal Year 2014-2015.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 09 for Fiscal Year 15-16.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
6. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
Mar 09, 2016 Commissioners Court - Regular