1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
E. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
3. Discuss and consider approving reclassification of the Court Interpreter position from pay group/step 26/4 to pay group/step 32/4.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
D. Authorize payment of bills - special motions list dated February 3, 2016.
L. Ratify two additional polling locations for early voting for the 2016 Primary Elections.
Executive Session (Part 1 of 2)
Executive Session (Part 2 of 2)
1. Approve amending the Nueces County Purchasing Policy and Procedures Manual to allow members of Commissioners Court access of proposed confidential information and incorporate disclosure requirements for local government under HB 23 and HB 1295.
5. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order authorizing the sale of fireworks for the Texas Independence Day, San Jacinto Day, and Memorial Day firework seasons, pursuant to House Bill 1150 of the 84th Texas Legislative Session.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Corpus Christi and the Nueces County Veterans Services Department related to the Senior Companion Program.
4. Discuss and consider approving the adjustment of rates paid under Forensic Pathologist Services Agreements.
6. Receive a presentation from Office of Emergency Management on the long term recovery efforts related to May/June severe weather.
1. Authorize submission of grant application and adopt a resolution for the Juvenile Drug Court Grant Program offered through the Office of the Governor, Criminal Justice Division.
2. Authorize submission of grant application and adopt a resolution for the Juvenile Justice Alternative Grant offered through the Office of the Governor, Criminal Justice Division.
3. Adopt a resolution authorizing the submission of a grant application to the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division for funding for the Nueces County Drug/DWI Court.
4. Ratify the submission of a grant application to the Tocker Foundation for the Bishop Branch Library Expansion & Improvements project.
5. Ratify the submission of an application to the Library Journal for the LibraryAware Community Award.
1. Discuss and consider (1) the selection of International Consulting Engineers and (2) the approval of an Engineering Services contract for the rehabilitation of County Road 36, from U. S. Highway 77, east to the Robstown City Limits.
2. Discuss and consider (1) the selection of Naismith Engineering, Inc. and (2) the approval of an Engineering Services contract for the preparation of plans, specifications, and construction inspection for the rehabilitation of Terry Shamsie Boulevard, from the east frontage road of U.S. Highway 77, east 1,500 feet.
1. Discuss/Award IFB No. 3003-15 CR 52 Extension from CR 69 to FM 1889.
2. Discuss/Award RFP No. 3005-15 Nueces County Security Services (Courthouse, Juvenile Justice Center, Keach Family Library), and related matters; authorize the County Judge to execute the contract with awarded bidder.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 07 for Fiscal Year 2015-2016.
6. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
Feb 03, 2016 Commissioners Court - Regular