1. CALL TO ORDER
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of Ruth Dominguez for exemplary work related to County Tuition Reimbursement Program, presented by program recipient.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
1. Nueces County Animal Services Advisory Committee
2. Nueces County Beach Management Advisory Committee
3. Christus Spohn Board of Trustees
4. Nueces County Emergency Service District #3
5. Nueces County Emergency Service District #6
6. Nueces County Library Advisory Board
7. Nueces County Mental Health and Intellectual Disability Board of Trustees
8. Announcement by County Judge of Appointments to the Nueces County Industrial Commission aka Nueces County Development Commission, pursuant to Chapter 381 of the Texas Local Government Code.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
S. Approve Amendment No.1 to Second Emergency COVID-19 Supplemental Agreement in Support of Rapid Infusion Center with Global Spectrum, L.P.
V. Approve sole source purchase with Axis Forensic Toxicology ("Axis") for forensic toxicology laboratory services for the Medical Examiners Department.
W. Approve sole source purchase with NMS Labs for postmortem toxicology for the Medical Examiner's office.
1. Receive presentation from South Texas Human Rights Center regarding the “Migrant Death Practices” research project; consider adopting resolution in support of their efforts, and allow County Judge to sign support letter to Texas State Institutional Review Board (IRB).
2. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement with the Community Supervision and Corrections Department (CSCD) for the purposes of Risk Assessment Services in the Nueces County Jail.
3. Discuss and consider no cost time extension Change Order No. 5 from Geofill Material Technologies to complete Horace Caldwell Pier building renovation.
4. Discuss and consider Supplemental Agreement No. 2 with Conrad Blucher Institute (CBI) for monitoring coastal boundary along Nueces County beaches.
5. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 2 for a time extension and $9,500.00 additional fees to complete the ADA plans and specs for the ADA ramp and ADA parking to the Engineering Service Contract with Hanson Professional Services.
6. Discuss and consider establishing independent Redistricting Commission; to include investigating possible funding opportunities.
7. Discuss and consider authorizing Commissioners Court Manager to retain employee recruiter firm to assist with recruitment of professional staff for medical examiner office.
8. Discuss status on 2021 Winter Storm Uri reimbursement from TDEM/FEMA.
9. Discuss and consider approval of any accrued overtime hours pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, including COVID-19 testing during Omicron surge, and/or storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response.
1. Discuss and consider public health workforce retention pay for all eligible Health District employees to be funded through previously approved Department of State Health Services agreement supporting the public health workforce participating in the Coronavirus 2019 (COVID) response.
1. Discuss and consider approval of proposal(s) for media services related to vaccine outreach and education.
1. Discuss and consider selection of Turner Ramirez Architects for Architecture and Engineering services for interior renovations at the Calderon Building; discuss and consider approval of Architecture and Engineering Service contract
1. Discuss and award CSP No. 3187-21 Bob Hall Pier Demolition.
2. Discuss and consider a purchase with Iron 3 Diesel, LLC for one (1) used 1990 International 4900 Heavy Mobile Repair Truck and one (1) used 1995 M1081 LMTV 2.5 Ton Truck for Public Works.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 06 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 105.
3. Discuss and consider determination of possible funding source to replace County’s ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system and replacement of time clocks.
4. Discuss and approve payments received from the City/County Public Health District invoiced from October 2021 through December 2021.
5. Discuss and consider selecting U.S. Department of Treasury Final Rule standard allowance of up to $10 million for revenue loss under the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jan 26, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular