1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of October 3, 2021 through October 9, 2021 as National 4-H Week.
2. In recognition of October 11, 2021 through October 17, 2021 as National Police Week.
3. In recognition of the month of October 2021 as Domestic Violence Awareness and Prevention Month.
1. Daniel Garza, Corrections Officer III, retiring after 37 years of service to Nueces County.
2. Tyner W. Little, III, Commissioners Court Manager, retiring after 29 years of service to Nueces County.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
1. Regional Transportation Authority Board of Directors
2. Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
H. Accept FY 2019/2020 Report; Approve budgeted contract for Fiscal Year 2020-2021. 1. Robstown Area Development Commission - $12,000
J. Approve method of procurement (request for qualifications) for Nueces County Jail Criminal Justice Assessment; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
L. Ratify agreement with Strategic Government Resources (SGR) for an Interim Emergency Management Coordinator to perform related duties for County.
P. Authorize execution of renewal with Aetna Life Insurance Company under Boon-Chapman Benefits Administrators for RFP No. 3109-19 Aggregate and Specific Re-Insurance (Stop Loss) as part of the employee Health Plan of medical & pharmacy benefits.
Q. Ratify agreement with Stone Water Properties for leased premises Suite 100 at Crossroads District Building containing approximately 13,096 square feet.
R. Authorize TASB BuyBoard Contract No. 631-20 purchase with Pro-Tech Mechanical for HVAC repairs at RMB Fairgrounds.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Second Supplemental Agreement with Steve Bonner for purposes of developing an Intergovernmental Support Agreement (IGSA) with Naval Air Station Corpus Christi to support energy resilience and job growth on the base.
3. Discuss and consider approval of Personal Services Contract with Tomas Duran for employee health Insurance benefits management and consulting for FY 2021-2022.
6. Receive update from Tim Richardson; discuss and consider approval of Second Supplemental Agreement with Tim Richardson for personal services related to Restore Act and other Federal Funding Sources.
7. Receive conceptual design presentation from Richter Architects for the planned renovation of the Hilltop Community Center; discuss the proposed budget and schedule.
8. Receive report from third party reviewer on the Johnson Controls Inc., Phase I and Phase II Energy Savings Performance Contracts.
9. Receive information on Nueces County participation in summer 2021 Department of Defense Innovative Readiness Training (IRT).
10. Receive an update and presentation of the Nueces County Monitoring program contracted through the Conrad Blucher Institute to measure the impacts of Hurricane Hanna along the Nueces County Gulf shoreline, beaches and dunes.
11. Discuss and consider proposal from Conrad Blucher Institute to continue coastal monitoring and survey work of the Nueces County Coastline.
12. Presentation of the conceptual design features of the new Bob Hall Pier by Jacobs Engineering.
13. Discuss and consider approval of repurposing all available concrete from the demolition of the existing Bob Hall Pier to be used for Corpus Christi Nearshore Reef Site managed by Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD).
14. Presentation of current known costs related to recovery of I.B. Magee Multi-Purpose Building; discuss and consider identifying funding source to deal with known costs.
15. Discuss and consider Change Order No. 2 for Mako Construction to address window replacements in the I.B. Magee Multipurpose Building.
16. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 4 for additional construction phase services to the Professional Service Contract with LAN Engineering for the I.B. Magee Multi-Purpose Office Building.
17. Discuss and consider the rate of pay for the November 2, 2021, Joint Constitutional Election workers.
18. Discuss matters related to S.B. 598 relating to Auditable Voting Systems.
19. Receive update from Hagerty Consulting regarding use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds including input received from the public.
20. Discuss and consider the use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) for purposes of Nueces County employee raises, including hazard pay and other related matters.
22. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal agreement between Nueces County and Nueces County Drainage District #2 with cleaning out CR 67 & 69 ditches and culvert maintenance (Petronila area) for proper storm water flow and alleviate flooding.
23. Discuss and consider an alternate to the construction of a new animal control facility.
25. Discuss and consider adopting an order to approve the authorization of online education for county commissioners pursuant to Section 81.0025(b), Local Government Code, as amended by the 87th Legislature.
26. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response; in addition, authorize payment of overtime to essential exempt City County Health District Employees.
1. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 2 between Nueces County and CLK Architects & Associates, Inc. for the Nueces County ADA Modifications Project.
2. Discuss and consider selection of Govind Development, LLC for Engineering Services related to the design of the Nueces County Courthouse and Jail Facilities Roof Replacement Project; or alternatively, approve method of procurement (request for qualifications) for Engineering Services for design of Nueces County Courthouse and Jail Facilities Roof Replacement Project; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and approve an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
1. Discuss and award RFP No. 3171-21 for Disaster Debris Removal Services.
2. Discuss and award RFQ No. 3175-21 for Certified Public Accountant to Assist with Administration of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Funds.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 21 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 100.
3. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the month of June 2021.
Sep 22, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular