1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
1. Library Card Sign-up Month - September 2018.
2. National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month-September 2018
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
B. Authorize payment of bills - regular bill summaries dated August 17, 2018, August 24, 2018 and August 31, 2018.
1. Discuss preparation of Nueces County's Legislative Agenda for the 86th Session of the Texas Legislature for 2019.
2. Discuss and consider acceptance of land conveyance from London Independent School District for use as recreational fields, subject to their execution of Special Warranty Deed.
3. Discuss and consider approving the following regarding property located at 1306 FM 43, Corpus Christi, Texas, subject to land conveyance by London Independent School District to the County: a. Order authorizing improvements b. Interlocal agreement with London Independent School District.
4. Discuss and consider approval of a request for concessions from with the U.S. Department of Justice related to the 2015 Settlement Agreement for Project Civic Access compliance.
5. Discuss and consider adopting an Order prohibiting outdoor burning in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County, pursuant to Section 352.081 of the Texas Local Government Code.
6. Discuss and consider authorizing County Judge to forward letter to RTA regarding re-directing County funding from the RTA Street Improvement Program to bus stop improvements at the Hector P. Garcia Clinic.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3082-18 Solid Waste Collection & Disposal Service (Dumpsters) County Properties Only.
2. Discuss and award RFP 3081-18 Solid Waste Collection & Disposal Service for County Residents.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 22 for Fiscal Year 2017-2018.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Nueces County Special Task Unit of Adult Protective Services
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Sep 05, 2018 Commissioners Court - Regular