A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of Gus Cargile, Jr.'s 99th birthday on July 31, 2021.
1. Government Finance Officers Association - Distinguished Budget Presentation Award - Fiscal Year beginning October 1, 2020.
1. Discuss the COVID-19 response, plans for COVID-19 testing, vaccinations, alternative care sites, Governor Orders, Supreme Court Orders, amended Orders, and activities related to are economic recovery, administration of Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP); receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
2. Discuss Hurricane and Tropical Storm recovery, including items related to Bob Hall Pier, parking lots, roads, drainage, debris removal, other infrastructure; receive update and reports, including Disaster Summary Outlines and Dune Surveys from consultants, Court members, and staff.
3. Discuss Severe Winter Storm Weather Recovery, Disaster Declarations, Utility, Electricity, and Water Supply, reports from Emergency Operations, and other staff, and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider May and July 2021 Flooding and Rain Events recovery; receive update from Emergency Management department, staff; and related matters.
I. Accept the following Minutes:
1. Announcement by County Judge of Appointments to the Nueces County Industrial Commission aka Nueces County Development Commission, pursuant to Chapter 381 of the Texas Local Government Code.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
L. Ratify the submission of a grant application to the Texas Division of Emergency Management for the DR-4332 Hazard Mitigation Grant Program for a Hazard Mitigation Action Plan (HMAP) Update.
O. Approve University of Michigan, BASIC Project's use of county leased space; approve agreement.
P. Authorize adoption of a resolution/order approving the financing and the project solely for purposes of Section 147(f) of the Internal Revenue Code, related to the Rosebud Cultural Education Facilities Finance Corporation loan from Frost National Bank and subsequent loan to Richard Milburn Academy for the purposes of financing/refinancing the cost acquiring, equipping, constructing, improving, expanding and/or renovating its Corpus Christi campus and paying certain expenses in connection with the issuance; Approve fee-related to processing related documents pursuant to Chapter 18 of the Texas Local Government Code and any other relevant statutes.
1. Receive presentation from the League of Women Voters on “Lead Contamination Potential in Our Communities Drinking Water."
2. Receive presentation on proposed lifeguard plan pursuant to HB3807.
3. Receive update on 87th First Called Special Texas Legislative Session.
4. Discuss and consider temporarily suspending personal services contract(s) with Legislative Consultant(s), Hugo Berlanga, Joel Romo, and Patricia Shipton for services related to the 87th Texas Legislative Special Session(s), 88th Texas Legislative Session, strategic planning, consulting, and governmental relations services, and other related matters; Discuss and consider amendment of personal services contract(s) with Legislative Consultant(s), Hugo Berlanga, Joel Romo, and Patricia Shipton.
5. Discuss and consider approving interlocal agreement for Medical Examiner Services with Wilson County, and related matters.
6. Discuss and consider architectural services agreement with LBL Architects, Inc. (d/b/a Shelter Planners of America) related to County Animal Care Facility.
7. Discuss and consider approval of sanitary sewer pump project with Nueces County Water Control and Improvement District No. 5; Discuss and consider interlocal agreement between Nueces County and Nueces County Water Control and Improvement District No. 5 related to sanitary sewer pump projects, and related matters.
8. Discuss and consider approval of wastewater discharge collaboration with City of Driscoll; Discuss and consider interlocal agreement between Nueces County and the City of Driscoll related to wastewater discharge.
9. Discuss and consider approval of BCFS Incident Management Team Response Services Contract, in the event of a disaster to support response operations in Nueces County.
10. Receive presentation from the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) Coordinator on annual report to the U.S. Department of Justice for July 2021, in accordance with Settlement Agreement Project Civic Access - DJ #204-74-348.
11. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response; in addition, authorize payment of overtime to essential exempt City County Health District Employees.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 1 for the Nueces County Courthouse Exterior Wall Remediation Project.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 17 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
2. Discuss and consider 2020/2021 Amendment to Supplemental Pay Allocation as designated by County Attorney in accordance with Section 46.0031 of the Texas Government Code.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jul 21, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular