1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) 31st Anniversary.
1. Kyle McManus, County Extension Agent - Agriculture, 4-H, for 6 years of service to Nueces County.
1. Discuss the COVID-19 response, plans for COVID-19 testing, vaccinations, alternative care sites, Governor Orders, Supreme Court Orders, amended Orders, and activities related to are economic recovery, administration of Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP); receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
2. Discuss Hurricane and Tropical Storm recovery, including items related to Bob Hall Pier, parking lots, roads, drainage, debris removal, other infrastructure; receive update and reports, including Disaster Summary Outlines and Dune Surveys from consultants, Court members, and staff.
3. Discuss Severe Winter Storm Weather Recovery, Disaster Declarations, Utility, Electricity, and Water Supply, reports from Emergency Operations, and other staff, and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider May 2021 Flooding and Rain Events recovery; receive update from Emergency Management department, staff; and related matters.
I. Accept the following Minutes:
1. Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) Fare Review Committee
2. Coastal Bend Council of Governments
3. South Texas Water Authority
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
F. Authorize the execution of an Interlocal Agreement between Nueces County and the City of Corpus Christi for the purpose of the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program FY2021 Local Solicitation Award.
G. Approve adoption of the Nueces County Courthouse Attorney ID – Personal Identification Verification (PIV) Card for Attorneys - Conditions and Procedures as created by the Courthouse Security Committee.
H. Approve agreement, including all insurance requirements, between Texas General Land Office/Veterans Land Board and Nueces County related to the operation of the Coastal Bend Veteran’s Cemetery, and related matters.
I. Authorize execution of agreement with Jacobs Engineering, LLC for RFQ No. 3152-21 Engineering Services for Rebuilding Bob Hall Pier.
M. Approve BuyBoard Contract No. 597-19 purchase with ROMCO Equipment Co. for standby generators and transformers for Nueces County Courthouse, Jail, and Jail Annex.
1. Approve Quarterly Investment Report ending March 31, 2021.
2. Discuss and consider Interlocal Agreement between Aransas County and Nueces County for Jail Services related housing of prisoners.
3. Discuss and consider Interlocal Agreement between Victoria County and Nueces County for Jail Services related to housing of prisoners.
4. Receive a presentation from the Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities (MHID) on the possible renovation of the MHID facility at 1630 South Brownlee, Corpus Christi, Texas, for purposes of a Nueces County Diversion Center.
5. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 1 from Mako Contracting for recovery repairs to the I.B. Magee Multipurpose Building caused by Hurricane Harvey. Discuss additional costs related to unknown findings during construction recovery.
6. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit for a single family residence DPP-202105-01p located at 6149 State Highway 361 Corpus Christi TX.
7. Receive update on Metrocom activities, including budget requests.
8. Receive update on purchase of additional electronic data storage for the District Attorney's office.
9. Discuss and consider Order fixing monthly compensation of the Nueces County Drainage District No. 2 Board Commissioners pursuant to HB 4621; and related matters.
10. Receive update on establishment of Colonia Self-Help Center in Nueces County pursuant to HB2893.
11. Discuss and consider adoption of Texas Legislature Interim Session Agenda.
12. Discuss and consider approval of personal services contract(s) with Legislative Consultant(s), Hugo Berlanga, Joel Romo, and Patricia Shipton for services related to the 87th Texas Legislative Special Session(s), 88th Texas Legislative Session, strategic planning, consulting, and governmental relations services, and other related matters.
13. Discuss and consider personal services agreement with Reed Clay related to facilitating economic recovery and applying for any applicable federal/state programs.
14. Discuss and consider approval of adding the Nueces County Veterans Service Office to list of approved donees of jury service fees, effective September 1, 2021, pursuant to Senate Bill 456 of the 87th Texas Legislative Session.
15. Discuss and consider approval of BCFS Incident Management Team Response Services Contract, in the event of a disaster to support response operations in Nueces County.
16. Receive presentation on Hazel Bazemore Dog Park and related matters.
17. Receive presentation from ADA Coordinator on 2021 report to the Department of Justice related to the Project Civic Access Settlement Agreement.
18. Discuss Commissioners Court agenda development procedures.
19. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response; in addition, authorize payment of overtime to essential exempt City County Health District Employees.
1. Discuss and consider approval of the plat of Indian Flats Unit 2, in Commissioners Precinct 1, on FM 624 east of CR 101.
2. Discuss and consider selection of Halff Associates, Inc. to provide a drainage study of the Stonegate Subdivision area and unincorporated north-central area of Nueces County. Authorize execution of the Engineering Service Contract.
1. Discuss and award RFP No. 3159-21 Nueces County Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds Management Services.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 16 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
2. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the month of March 2021.
1. Discuss and consider creating a new position, Public Information Officer (PIO), Pay Group 28, in Department #1121, Commissioners Court Management Support.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding claim and settlement counter-demand of Sonia Resendez on behalf of her minor son, and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jul 07, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular