1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Proclaiming March 30, 2021, as "Maxine Flournoy Day," in Nueces County.
2. Vietnam Veterans Day in Nueces County - March 29, 2021.
3. In opposition of H.B.4137/S.B.1641 – relating to the composition of the port commission of the Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County, Texas.
4. In support of the reformed use of Congressional Community Project funds for appropriate projects in Nueces County.
1. Introduction of Mental Health Programs Director.
2. Discuss the COVID-19 response, plans for COVID-19 testing, alternative care sites, Governor Orders, amended Orders, and activities related to area economic recovery; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
3. Discuss Hurricane and Tropical Storm recovery, including items related to Bob Hall Pier, parking lots, roads, drainage, debris removal, other infrastructure; receive update and reports, including Disaster Summary Outlines and Dune Surveys from consultants, Court members, and staff.
4. Discuss Severe Weather Recovery, Disaster Declarations, Utility, Electricity, and Water Supply, reports from Emergency Operations, and other staff, and related matters.
1. March 10, 2021 March 17, 2021
1. Lance Murphy, Chief Information Officer, 5 years of service with Nueces County.
1. Nueces County Board of Coastal Parks Commissioners.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
J. Approve the application procedure for Place 6 and Place 8 for the South Texas Water Authority Board of Directors.
1. Receive presentation from Coastal Parks on participating in the Beneficial Use Dredge Program through the United States Army Corps of Engineers; Discuss and consider authorizing County Judge to submit a letter of intent to participate.
2. Discuss and consider approving Budget Planning Schedule for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
3. Discuss and consider approving interlocal agreement for Medical Examiner Services with Wilson County, and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider Nueces County Capital Improvements Plan 2021-2025 (updated CIP 2019) project prioritization.
5. Discuss and consider change order increase of $25,983.78 for Hilltop Roof Repairs Project from Castro Roofing of Texas for removal of three (3) A/C units from roof and installation of new metal curbs.
6. Discuss and consider supporting the Coastal Bend Air Quality Partnership, and related matters.
7. Discuss and consider approving resolution approving and adopting change of name designation for the Nueces County Public Libraries.
8. Discuss and consider execution of second Modification of Restrictive Covenants in Special Warranty Deed, related to Corpus Christi Bay Outlets property.
9. Discuss and consider personal services contract with Lance Murphy for information technology consulting services.
10. Discuss and consider approval of Amended Work Authorization No. 1 with Lockwood, Andrews, and Newnam (LAN), Inc.; Discuss and consider Work Authorization No. 6, related to Program Management Services for McKinzie Annex generator project.
11. Receive a report from the Nueces County Auditor, Grants Administrator, Hagerty Consulting, Inc. and Emergency Management on COVID-19, Winter Storm Uri, and Hurricane Hanna response expenses and reimbursements to date.
12. Receive update on the American Rescue Plan Act, 2021, legislation related to COVID-19 pandemic recovery.
13. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response; in addition, authorize payment of overtime to essential exempt City County Health District Employees.
1. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit (DPP) for the Island Park Estates Homeowner Association under DPP-0920-01-P.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 1 between Nueces County and LJA Engineering, Inc. for the Nueces County Roadway Rehabilitation Projects - County Road 67, County Road 69, County Road77 and Bauer Road.
3. Receive presentation from the Director of Public Works related to the Hazel Bazemore Dog Park project.
4. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 1 between Nueces County and Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates Inc. for the Historic 1914 Nueces County Courthouse Structural Engineering Services.
5. Receive a Presentation from the Director of Public Works related to the Environmental Enforcement for illegal dumping.
6. Discuss and consider execution of an Architectural Service Contract with Richter Architects to provide services to develop a conceptual design for the Hilltop Community Facility.
7. Receive presentation from the Director of Public Works related to the Nueces County Jail repairs, issues, and work order back-log.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 10 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 23 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
3. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 94.
4. Discuss increased renewal rates of Workers Compensation from Texas Mutual Insurance Company received by the Auditor's office on March 17, 2021, which are effective for the term of December 31, 2020 to December 31, 2021; impact will be to the current year's budget as well as next year's budget, though the exact dollar amount has not yet been calculated.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Discuss and consider Frontier's Communications Property Damage Claim and settlement demand, and related matters.
B. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding settlement demand concerning the claim of Sonia Resendez obo Jayvyn Gomez; and related matters.
C. Discuss and consider settlement of Dawna Noland's property-damage claim, and related matters.
E. Consult with the County Attorney on Case No. 2:20-cv-00316; John Smith vs. Nueces County; In the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas; Corpus Christi Division; ratify the hiring of Keith Sieczkowski with Branscomb PC to represent Nueces County; discuss status of case; and related matters.
F. Consult with the County Attorney on Cause No. 2016-DCV-0484-C Sundial Owner’s Association, Inc. vs. Nueces County et al.; In the 117th Judicial District Court; Nueces County, Texas; ratify the hiring of James McKibben with McKibben, Jarvis, Martinez & Wood LLP to represent Nueces County on appeal; and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Mar 24, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular