1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
G. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
1. Discuss and consider approval of updates to Nueces County Capital Improvements Projects 2019-2024, including consideration of additional projects, project prioritization, and Department of Justice Settlement projects related to the Americans with Disabilities Act; and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider taking any action, approving policies, and/or adopting any resolutions or Orders authorized by law related to county employees, citizens, and visitors of Nueces County regarding COVID-19, Coronavirus, including any Orders related to the Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds.
3. Discuss and consider supporting/opposing certain 87th Regular Session Legislation: (1) Establishing uniform term limits for all county boards and commissions (2) Relating to the composition of the port commission of the Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County, Texas (HB4137)
4. Discuss and consider approval of Amendment No. 1 - Extension to Communications Site License Agreement with Texas Parks and Wildlife Department allowing placement of communications equipment at the Nueces County Courthouse.
5. Discuss and consider adopting an Order prohibiting outdoor burning in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County, pursuant to Section 352.081 of the Texas Local Government Code.
B. HUMAN RESOURCES
3. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
D. Consult with County Attorney on Case No. 2:20CV47; Armin Lopez, Jr. v. Nueces County, Texas; In the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas; authorize the County Attorney to enter into settlement negotiations; consider approval of settlement demand; authorize County Judge to execute related settlement documents; and related matters.
Mar 17, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular