1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Discuss the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, alternative care sites, Isolation and Community Protection Sites (Isofac), amended Orders, and activities related to area economic recovery; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
2. Discuss Hurricane and Tropical Storm recovery, including items related to Bob Hall Pier, parking lots, roads, drainage, debris removal, other infrastructure; receive update and reports, including Disaster Summary Outlines and Dune Surveys from consultants, Court members, and staff.
G. Accept the following Minutes:
H. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
1. Announcement of January 2021 Employee of the Month.
2. Recognize the County Auditor and staff for Excellence in Financial Reporting as presented by the Government Finance Officers Association, for its comprehensive annual financial report for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2019.
1. South Texas Water Authority
2. Nueces County Board of Coastal Parks Commissioners.
3. Ad Hoc Advisory Committee for Bob Hall Pier.
4. Announcement by the County Judge of appointment(s) to the Nueces County Industrial Commission AKA Nueces County Development Commission, pursuant to Chapter 381 of the Texas Local Government Code.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
C. Authorize payment of bills - special motions list dated January 20, 2021.
E. Authorize the submission of a grant application to the Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA) for the Community Development Partnership Program.
K. Ratify the submission of an application to the United States Department of the Treasury for the Emergency Rental Assistance program.
W. Ratify approval of three (3) month Personal Services Contract with Robert Durand related to COVID-19 vaccination messaging, COVID-19 response and social media education campaign.
X. Authorize execution of agreement with J.Carroll Weaver, Inc. for IFB No. 3145-20 Nueces County Roadway Rehabilitation Projects County Road 22 and County Road 49.
EE. Receive report on Alliance for I-69; approve payment of invoice for membership.
1. Receive a presentation from Alyssa B. Mason, Executive Director, Corpus Christi Downtown Management District on FY 2019-2020 activities; and approve FY 2020-2021 contract.
2. Discuss and consider approval of interlocal agreement with Hidalgo County for medical examiner services.
3. Discuss and consider request from Berezen (Crossroads District) Inc. to amend deed restrictions on the Corpus Christi Bay Outlets property.
4. Discuss and consider approval of personal services agreement with Will Pettus for public participation facilitation services related to the Bob Hall Pier Re-build.
5. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during a declared disaster as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 3 with Lockwood, Andrews, and Newnam (LAN), Inc., and Work Authorization "E" (Work Authorization No. 5), related to Program Management Services for Bob Hall Pier demolition and re-build.
2. Discuss and consider the selection of NRG Engineering to prepare plans and specifications for emergency generators at the Courthouse-Jail Complex; approve an Engineering Services Contract.
3. Discuss and consider the selection of NRG Engineering to prepare plans and specifications for emergency generators for the McKenzie Jail Annex; approve an Engineering Services Contract.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 07 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
1. Reclassify a Senior Administrative Clerk position into a Senior Clerk position and reclassify a Court Clerk Attorney General Position into a Supervisor II position within the District Clerk's Office.
2. Discuss and consider creating an additional Autopsy Technician position (pay group 16) in the Medical Examiner's Department.
3. Discuss and consider deleting an Assistant Jail Liaison/Court Coordinator (pay group 19) and an Administrative Secretary II (30-hour position) (pay group 19) and creating an additional Jail Liaison/Court Coordinator (pay group 25) position in Department: Court Administration #3300.
4. Discuss and consider creating a Legal Secretary I - CJIS position (pay group 16). Total FY cost, including benefits, will be $28,966.68. There will be no fiscal impact if Commissioner's Court will allow our office to use salary savings to date.
5. Discuss and consider an Attorney Felony I Juvenile position (pay group 31) be reclassified to an Attorney V (pay group 35). This will have a total FY cost, including benefits, of $12,713.31. There will be no fiscal impact if the Commissioner's Court will allow the use of salary savings accumulated so far this year.
6. Discuss and consider reclassifying an Attorney Felony I Juvenile position (pay group 31) to an Attorney III (pay group 33). There will be no fiscal impact if Commissioner's Court allows us to use salary savings to date.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Discuss and consider settlement of Shoreline Sandwich Company's Property Damage Claim and related matters.
B. Consult with the County Attorney regarding the personal injury claim of Evaristo Garcia; ratify the hiring of outside counsel, Doug Chaves with Chaves, Obregon & Perales, L.L.P., to evaluate the claim of Evaristo Garcia; approve engagement letter; and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jan 20, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular