1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Discuss the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, alternative care sites, Isolation and Community Protection Sites (Isofac), amended Orders, and activities related to area economic recovery; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
2. Discuss Hurricane and Tropical Storm recovery, including items related to Bob Hall Pier, parking lots, roads, drainage, debris removal, other infrastructure; receive update and reports, including Disaster Summary Outlines and Dune Surveys from consultants, Court members, and staff.
1. October 21, 2020
2. November 4, 2020
1. Announcement by the County Judge of appointment(s) to the Nueces County Industrial Commission AKA Nueces County Development Commission, pursuant to Chapter 381 of the Texas Local Government Code.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
C. Authorize payment of bills - special motions list dated November 16, 2020.
H. Authorize execution of agreement with Armor Correctional Health Services, Inc. dba Armor Health for RFP No. 3137-20 Medical Services for Nueces County Jails and Juvenile Department (Jail and Annex only).
Q. Authorize the execution of a Transfer of Allocation form as the receiving jurisdiction for a portion of CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund from the City of Corpus Christi (transferring jurisdiction).
1. Canvas and declare the results of the November 3, 2020 General Election in accordance with Chapter 67 of the Texas Election Code.
2. Receive information from Judge Joe Benavides, Justice of the Peace, Precinct 1, Place 1 on the Nueces County Truancy Prevention Initiative.
3. Discuss the process and procedure of personnel change reports, including supplemental pay requests and such approval process, and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider proposal/partnership from the Peregrine Foundation to continue with the restoration work of the Aplomado Falcon project on the Kleberg property owned by Nueces County.
5. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during a declared disaster as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response.
6. Discuss and consider adopting an Order prohibiting outdoor burning in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County, pursuant to Section 352.081 of the Texas Local Government Code.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 03 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 90.
3. Approve Asset Forfeiture report for FY 2020 for Nueces County District Attorney Department.
4. Discuss and consider approving the Federal Equitable Sharing Agreement & Certification for Constable Pct. 3, Constable Pct. 5, District Attorney and Sheriff Department.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Nov 16, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular