1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Discuss the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, alternative care sites, Isolation and Community Protection Sites (Isofac), amended Orders, and activities related to area economic recovery; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
2. Discuss Hurricane and Tropical Storm recovery, including items related to Bob Hall Pier, parking lots, roads, drainage, other infrastructure; receive update and reports, including Disaster Summary Outlines and Dune Surveys from consultants, Court members, and staff.
1. In recognition of Annapolis Christian Academy Girls Volleyball team.
1. Announcement of November 2020 Employee of the Month.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
A. Authorize payment of bills - regular bill summaries dated October 16, 2020, October 20, 2020, and October 23, 2020.
C. Authorize payment of bills - special motions list dated November 04, 2020.
G. Approve the Interlocal agreement for a period of one year beginning January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021, between San Patricio County and Nueces County regarding sharing expenses for the Intoxilyzer Program and Technical Supervisor services.
H. Authorize execution of agreement with Geofill Materials Technologies dba Geofill Construction for IFB No. 3129-20 Horace Caldwell Pier Observation Deck.
P. Ratify the acceptance of a grant award from the Office of the Governor, Public Safety Office, Homeland Security Grants Division for the Nueces County Local Border Security Program under the Local Border Security Program, FY 2021.
T. Ratify the acceptance of a grant award from the Center for Tech and Civic Life for the COVID-19 Response Grant program.
1. Receive a report on Bank of America Financing of ABM Energy Savings Performance Contracts, related to the 2019 Nueces County Capital Improvement Program.
2. Discuss and consider the amendment to Interlocal Agreement with the City of Corpus Christi related to MetroCom, consolidated emergency dispatch and 911 center; approve the P25 radio system upgrade Interlocal Agreement with Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) and the City of Corpus Christi.
3. Receive a report from Tomas Duran on the Nueces County Employee Health Plan.
4. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving an Interlocal Agreement authorizing the Nueces County Tax Assessor-Collector (NCTAC) to lease four Registration and Title Services (RTS) workstations from the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TXDMV)
5. Discuss and consider approval of transfer of donated salary from Commissioner Precinct No. 4 to Precinct 4 Projects in 0138 Account.
6. Discuss and consider qualifications, requirements and duties of the Governmental and Legislative Affairs position in the Office of Commissioners Court Administration, and related matters.
7. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during a declared disaster as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response.
1. Receive a presentation on the North Beach Re-Development Traffic Impact Study.
2. Receive a presentation from Public Works to update the court on the Revised Preliminary Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) panels and Flood Insurance Study (FIS) Report dated August 13, 2020, for Nueces County, Texas.
3. Discuss and consider the submittal of roadway safety projects proposals for the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) 2020 Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP).
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3142-20 Copy Paper, Computer Paper, NCR Paper, and Envelopes.
2. Discuss and award IFB No. 3143-20 Hot Mix Asphaltic Concrete, Type D, PG 64-22.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 02 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
2. Approve asset forfeiture reports for FY 2020 for Nueces County Constable Pct. 1, Constable Pct. 2, Constable Pct. 3, Constable Pct. 4, Constable Pct. 5, District Attorney, and Sheriff's Department.
1. Discuss and consider approval of transfer of donated salary from Commissioner Precinct No. 2 to Precinct Special Revenue department 0137 to fund salary supplement for commissioner assistant.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Nov 04, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular