D. Approve the following Minutes:
E. RECESS MEETING OPEN PUBLIC HEARING PUBLIC HEARING: The Nueces County Commissioners Court will conduct a public hearing to receive public comment on the designation of a reinvestment zone for temporary property tax abatement to be established under Chapter 312 of the Texas Tax Code. The establishment of the zone is at the request of Permico Midstream Partners, LLC, and the zone would be approximately 160 acres located at the northwest corner of FM Road No. 1694 and County Road 34 in Nueces County, Texas. CLOSE PUBLIC HEARING RECONVENE REGULAR MEETING
1. Nueces County, Texas - A Purple Heart County 2018.
2. Disability Voter Registration Week - July 16-20, 2018.
1. Government Finance Officers Association - Distinguished Budget Presentation Award - Fiscal Year beginning October 1, 2017.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Discuss and consider adopting an Order designating the Permico Midstream Partners, LLC, Zone within Nueces County, Texas, a reinvestment zone, pursuant to the Property Redevelopment and Tax Abatement Act (Chapter 312 of the Texas Tax Code), consisting of approximately 160 acres, to be located at the northwest corner of FM Road No. 1694 and County Road 34 in Nueces County, Texas.
2. Discuss and consider adopting an Order authorizing the execution of an Agreement with Permico Midstream Partners, LLC, providing for a Temporary Tax Abatement, pursuant to Chapter 312 of the Texas Tax Code.
3. Receive a report from Ken Trevino, President/CEO, on the recent activities of Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend.
4. Receive an update from LNV Inc., on the ADA Modifications at Hilltop Community Center, Commissioner's Office, Pass It On Building, and Bill Bode Building.
5. Receive an update from CLK Architects on the Nueces County Courthouse ADA Modification Plans and Specifications.
6. Discuss and consider selection of Pruitt Consulting, Inc., as Independent Licensed Architect (ILA), in accordance with the U.S. Department of Justice ADA Settlement Agreement for Project Civic Access; execute professional services contract.
7. Discuss and consider selection and execution of a contract with LAN Engineering for engineering services to complete a comprehensive structural inspection of Horace Caldwell Pier and provide a written report of damages found and probable costs affiliated with those repairs.
8. Discuss and consider authorizing negotiations with the City of Corpus Christi related to the conveyance of Parker Pool, including real property, to be operated by a third party.
9. Discuss and consider authorizing negotiations with London Independent School District related to the conveyance of real property to establish a park.
10. Discuss and consider construction of building on land to be donated by the City of Petronila and authorize negotiations with the City of Petronila regarding land donation and leasing excess space in such building to be constructed.
11. Discuss and consider authorizing negotiations with Robstown Independent School District for use of the Old Showbarn for agricultural programs.
1. Ratify the execution of a Notice of Grant Award from the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans’ Assistance Grant Program for the 2018-2019 General Assistance program.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3077-18 Nueces County Airport Waterline Extension.
2. Discuss and award IFB No. 3075-18 Nueces County Airport Apron Expansion.
3. Discuss and award IFB No. 3078-18 McKinzie Jail Annex Fire Alarm System Replacement Project.
4. Discuss and award IFB No. 3062-17 Diesel and Unleaded Fuel.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 18 for Fiscal year 2017-2018 and Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 69.
2. Discuss and consider reclassifying Director, Public Works position, Pay Group/Step 45/01 to an Director, Public Works position, Pay Group/Step 48/01.
3. Monthly Financial Report for May 2018.
A. Appoint Juan Pimentel, County Engineer, to the Coastal Bend Council of Governments.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jul 11, 2018 Commissioners Court - Regular