D. Approve the following Minutes:
1. Nueces County Historical Commission - 2017 Distinguished Service Award from the Texas Historical Commission.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
O. Approve execution of Amendment No. 2 to the agreement with Absolute Waste Services, Inc. for RFP No. 2914-12 Solid Waste Collection and Disposal Services for county residents.
1. Discuss and consider adopting an Order establishing a Community Collaborative Plan for Mental Health pursuant to the requirements of Texas Government Code Section 539.0051.
2. Discuss and consider approving an interlocal agreement between Nueces County, the Nueces County Hospital District, and the Behavioral Health Center of Nueces County, for the provision of mental health services and funding for jail diversion programs, competency restoration, and related matters.
3. Receive a presentation from Rob Tully, Venture Executive, on the Gulf Coast Growth Ventures- ExxonMobil/SABIC Project.
4. Receive a presentation from Jason Green, General Manager, Spectra by Comcast Spectacor, on the status of operations at the Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds.
5. Receive an update on Hurricane Harvey projects submitted to FEMA for public assistance/reimbursement.
6. Discuss and consider naming the Children’s Activity Room at the Keach Family Library in honor of Ms. Laura A. Chapa, Youth Services / Reference Librarian.
7. Discuss and consider: (1) order ratifying the selection and hiring of LNV, Inc. for services related to the Hilltop Community Center Re-Roof and HVAC replacement; (2) approving payment of LNV, Inc. invoice(s) for services as approved and detailed in such order.
8. Discuss and consider selection of LNV, Inc. to provide architectural services for the Hilltop Community Center Re-Roof and HVAC replacement, and related matters; Authorized execution of Professional Services Contract with LNV, Inc.
9. Discuss and consider: (1) order ratifying the selection and hiring of Pruitt Consulting, Inc. as Independent Licensed Architect (ILA), in accordance with the U.S. Department of Justice ADA Settlement Agreement for Project Civic; (2) approving payment of Pruitt Consulting, Inc. invoice(s) for services as approved and detailed in such order.
10. Discuss and consider selection of Pruitt Consulting, Inc., as Independent Licensed Architect (ILA), in accordance with the U.S. Department of Justice ADA Settlement Agreement for Project Civic Access; execute professional services contract.
11. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 1, an increase of $19,651.40 and 57 additional days for the Oilbelt Parking Renovation Project.
12. Discuss and consider payment of Post Hurricane Harvey Remediation services provided by Belfor to prevent further property damages.
1. Discuss and award RFQ No. 3076-18 Engineering Services to perform a safety inspection of the Horace Caldwell Pier.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 17 for Fiscal Year 2017-2018.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No.68.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
L. Accept the executed Agreement Amendment No. 1 for RFP No. 2922-12 Concession Services for Bob Hall Pier with Mikel McGrath dba MikelMays Beachside Bar & Grill as approved by the Park Board on April 5, 2018.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jun 18, 2018 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting