1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
F. GENERAL INFORMATION REPORTS:
1. Commissioners Court Minutes of September 9, 2020.
1. Recognition of Julia Gilliam, 4-H program volunteer.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
H. Authorize execution of supplemental personal services agreement(s) with Legislative Consultant(s), Hugo Berlanga; Joel Romo and Patricia Shipton for services related to the 86th Texas Legislative Session, strategic planning, consulting, and governmental relations services, and other related matters.
I. Authorize execution of an Interlocal Agreement with Kleberg County in an amount not to exceed $60,000 for engagement of a consultant to assist in seeking Restore Act and other federal funding for Coastal Water Quality Projects and other collaborative projects.
J. Authorize execution of supplemental personal services agreement with Tim Richardson related to Restore Act and other Federal funding sources.
L. Authorize execution of supplemental personal services agreement with Reed Clay related to facilitating economic recovery and applying for any applicable federal/state programs.
M. Authorize execution of personal services contract with Tomas Duran for employee health Insurance benefits management and consulting for FY 2020-2021.
Q. Ratify Early Voting Locations for the November 3, 2020 General Election.
R. Approve a Joint Election with the Following Entities: City of Port Aransas, Corpus Christi ISD, Del Mar College, Flour Bluff ISD, Nueces County Drainage District No. 2, Nueces County Water Control & Improvement District 4 and Tuloso-Midway ISD for the November 3, 2020 General Election.
Y. Ratify the execution of a Statement of Grant Award for the FY2021 Improvement Grant through the Texas Indigent Defense Commission.
BB. Ratify Texas DIR Contract No. DIR-TSO-3763 purchase of 180 laptops with docking stations from Dell for various departments in Nueces County Courthouse for extended remote access needs due to COVID-19.
DD. Authorize Navia Administrative Services Agreement for flexible spending plan administration as part of the employee Health Plan of medical & pharmacy benefits.
1. Receive an update from Jason Ott, County Extension Agent-Agriculture, on the School Lands (3,500 + acres) in Live Oak and Jim Wells Counties.
2. Discuss and consider approval of the Election Day Vote Centers for the November 3, 2020, General Election.
3. Discuss and consider approval of the Granicus Subsite for the Nueces County Public Libraries.
4. Discuss and Approve Monthly Financial Report for the month of July 2020.
5. Discuss and consider acceptance of a third party review report from Silber and Associates, on the ABM Energy Savings Performance Projects, related to the County's Capital Improvement Program.
6. Discuss and consider approval of Energy Savings Performance Contract with ABM Building Services, LLC, through Allied States Purchasing Cooperative Contract No. 18-7302 for Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Projects contingent upon acceptable financing.
7. Discuss and consider adopting an order granting an exemption under Section 262.024 of the Texas Local Government Code; Discuss and consider selection of Advanced Construction Management for professional consulting services related to the Horace Caldwell Pier Expansion Project; Discuss and consider approval of agreement with Advanced Construction Management providing consultation, including procurement phase services, pre-construction phase services, construction phase services, and post construction warranty phase services related to the Nueces County Coastal Parks Horace Caldwell Pier Expansion Project and related matters.
8. Discuss and consider adopting an order granting an exemption under Section 262.024 of the Texas Local Government Code; Discuss and consider selection of Advanced Construction Management for professional construction management services related to the Nueces County Coastal Parks I.B. Magee Park; Discuss and consider approval of agreement with Advanced Construction Management providing consultation, including weekly on site construction management during construction phase, post construction services for warranty of constructed items in the structure, related to the Nueces County Coastal Parks I.B. Magee Park Office and related matters.
9. Discuss and consider appointment of election judges and apportionment of election judges for voting centers per commissioner precinct pursuant to Section 32.002 of the Texas Election Code.
10. Discuss and consider adopting an Order prohibiting outdoor burning in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County, pursuant to Section 352.081 of the Texas Local Government Code.
11. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 3 for additional services to include bid and construction phase services and time extension to the Professional Service Contract with LAN Engineering for the I.B. Magee Multi-Purpose Office Building.
12. Discuss and consider amendment to the Sheriff and Constable Fees for 2021, pursuant to Section 118.131 of the Texas Local Government Code.
13. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during a declared disaster as it relates to COVID-19, and Hurricane preparedness and response.
1. Receive a presentation for the proposed new animal control facility.
1. Discuss and consider approval of an order adopting electronic bid or proposal rules under Section 262.0235 of the Texas Local Government Code.
2. Discuss and award RFP No. 3137-20 Medical Services for the Nueces County Jail and Juvenile Justice Center.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 22 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 87.
1. Discuss and consider creation and unfreeze of a full time Communication Specialist II position, Pay Group 28, in the Commissioners Court Administration Department.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Sep 23, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular