A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Recognition of Julia Gilliam, 4-H program volunteer.
1. Receive presentation from Steve Bonner on a possible Intergovernmental Support Agreement (IGSA) with Naval Air Station-Corpus Christi (NAS-CC); approve letter of intent.
2. Discuss and consider executing an inter-local agreement with Conrad Blucher Institute Texas A&M Corpus Christi to conduct post-storm surveys and assessments to document damage to beach and dune complex and establish baseline data sets as required under by the Texas General Land Office under the Dune Protection Act as well as guide future policies in County Dune Permitting under the County's Dune Protection Authority.
3. Discuss the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, alternative care sites, Isolation and Community Protection Sites (Isofac), amended Orders, hurricane preparedness and response, and activities related to area economic recovery; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
4. Discuss Hurricane recovery, including items related to Bob Hall Pier, parking lots, roads, drainage, other infrastructure; receive update and reports, including Disaster Summary Outlines and Dune Surveys from consultants, Court members, and staff.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
G. Approve Early Voting Locations for the November 3, 2020 General Election.
H. Approve setting the compensation for election Judges and Clerks for the November 3, 2020, General Election in accordance with Section 32.091 of the election code.
I. Approve the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District (CCNCPHD) to accept a grant contract with the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) to provide funding for Public Health Emergency COVID-19 activities in the amount of $1,410,636.00; and authorize the Director of the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District, to sign on behalf of Nueces County.
LL. Approve Hangar Lease Agreement for John Reed Hangar #T20 for FY 2020-2021.
3. PUBLIC HEARINGS: The Nueces County Commissioners Court will conduct public hearings on the following: 1) pursuant to Section 251.013 of the Texas Transportation Code, changing the name of County Road 33 (from FM 43 to dead end) to London Pirate Road, in Corpus Christi, Texas, 2) pursuant to Section 251.013 of the Texas Transportation Code, changing the name of Carbon Plant Road (from Joe Fulton Corridor to dead end) to RTFC Road, in Corpus Christi, Texas, 3) pursuant to Section 51.305 of the Texas Government Code, a plan for the preservation and restoration of the Nueces County District Clerk’s court records archives, 4) pursuant to Section 118.025 of the Texas Local Government Code, a plan for the preservation and restoration of the Nueces County Clerk’s records archives. 5) pursuant to Section 111.038 of the Texas Local Government Code, on the proposed 2020-2021 Nueces County and Nueces County Hospital District Budgets. CLOSE PUBLIC HEARINGS AND CONVENE REGULAR MEETING
1. Accept Commissioners Court Minutes of August 12, 2020 and August 19, 2020.
1. Nueces County Special Task Unit of Adult Protective Services.
2. Nueces County Animal Services Advisory Committee.
1. Discuss and consider adopting an order rescinding prior year budget resolutions and orders.
2. Discuss and consider adoption of Orders and Resolutions related to the proposed 2020-2021 Nueces County Budget.
3. Discuss and consider adoption of the 2020-2021 Nueces County Budget.
4. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving the 2020 tax roll; setting the 2020 tax rates for Nueces County; and levying said tax rate against all taxable property in Nueces County for 2020.
5. Discuss and consider adoption of the 2020-2021 Nueces County Hospital District Budget.
6. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving the 2020 tax roll; setting the 2020 tax rate for the Nueces County Hospital District; and levying said tax rate against all taxable property in Nueces County for 2020.
7. Discuss and consider adopting and Order changing the name of County Road 33 (from FM 43 to dead end) to London Pirate Road, in Corpus Christi, Texas, pursuant to Section 251.013 of the Texas Transportation Code.
8. Discuss and consider adopting and Order changing the name of Carbon Plant Road (from Joe Fulton Corridor to dead end) to RTFC Road, in Corpus Christi, Texas, pursuant to Section 251.013 of the Texas Transportation Code.
9. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving the District Clerk Records Management, Archiving, Preservation, and Restoration Plan for the FY 2020-2021 budget.
10. Discuss and consider the adoption of the District Court Records Archive Fee of $10.00 for the 2020-2021 budget year on applicable documents under Texas Government Code Sec. 51.305 that was initially adopted by Commissioners Court on August 28, 2019, with collection of the fee beginning on October 1, 2019. Collection of the District Court Records Archive Fee is needed to continue the preservation and restoration services performed in connection with maintaining a district court records archive.
11. Discuss and Consider adoption of The County Clerk Records Management, Archiving, Preservation, and Restoration Plan for the FY 2020-2021 budget year.
12. Discuss and consider the adoption of the County Clerk Records Archive Fee of $10.00 for the 2020-2021 budget year on applicable documents under Texas Local Government Code Section 118.025, effective October 1, 2020.
13. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement with the City of Corpus Christi for Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone #5 (TIRZ #5, Crosstown/SPID); appoint board member to TIRZ #5 Board of Directors.
14. Discuss and consider approval of Halo-Flight Large Business Package Agreement as part of the 2020-2021 Employee Benefit Plan; effective October 1, 2020.
15. Discuss and consider approval of Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Projects through the Energy Performance Contract with ABM Building Services, LLC, through Allied States Purchasing Cooperative Contract No. 18-7302 contingent upon acceptable financing.
17. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during a declared disaster as it relates to COVID-19, and Hurricane preparedness and response.
1. Receive an update regarding potential application(s) for the Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) funding available through the Texas General Land Office (GLO).
1. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 1 between Nueces County and Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc. for the additional inspection work of Bob Hall Pier related to Hurricane Hanna damage.
1. Discuss and award RFP. No. 3138-20 Food Management Program for Nueces County Jails.
2. Discuss and award RFP No. 3137-20 Medical Services for the Nueces County Jail and Juvenile Justice Center.
3. Discuss and consider authorizing BuyBoard Contract No. 592-19 purchase with Daktronics, Inc. related to the replacement of the emergency notification marquee sign at the RMB Fairgrounds, in accordance with funding received from the Texas General Land Office, Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) program.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 21 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
7. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Discuss and consider claim and refund demand of James Tolan and related matters.
B. Discuss and consider settlement of Bianca Velasquez' Property damage claim and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Sep 09, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular